Install/Update Powershell scripts for Windows SRWare Iron

Iron Forum for english speaking people

negated

Install/Update Powershell scripts for Windows SRWare Iron

Post by negated »

Hey,

Not sure how much anyone needs them, but here are some simple scripts (attached) I created to keep my Windows machines quickly up to date with new versions of Iron and Adblock.ini (from http://www.fanboy.co.nz/iron.html).

They should work with any x64/x86 XP/2003/Vista/2008/Win7/R2 install that has Powershell 2.0 installed: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968929/en-us

Just make sure to run Powershell as Administrator (don't worry, it will warn you if you aren't).

-S
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ironuser

Re: Install/Update Powershell scripts for Windows SRWare Iro

Post by ironuser »

Thanks, I'll take a look at them to see if I want to replace mine.
negated

Post by negated »

ironuser wrote:Thanks, I'll take a look at them to see if I want to replace mine.
Yeah, they don't do anything with custom filtering, etc like that; very simple. I just wanted to way to update Iron and/or Adblock quickly on my own machines without having to DL, install, overwrite adblock, etc.

I was going to make the installation silent as well (with /SILENT), but the last couple versions have had some new install steps (choosing search provider), so I elected to leave it alone so I could see what is going on.

Hope they help.

-S
ademartoe

Post by ademartoe »

negated wrote:
ironuser wrote: Hope they help.

-S
Thanx for sharing them. Took them and think some people will take it too
negated

Post by negated »

Hello Iron Users,

I've updated my PowerShell scripts to make them a little more friendly and robust:

- Checks to see if Iron is currently running and gives the option to shut it down before updating Iron/Adblock.
- Displays the version of the Adblock definition after update.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
negated

Post by negated »

Oops. Here's a quick update to account for a race condition where you can get a null error while updating.

-S