New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for MacOS

Iron Forum for english speaking people
User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
Posts: 2493
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for MacOS

Postby SRWare » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:50 pm

We released the new Iron for MacOS today, which contains all features and updates known from Chromim 48. The current version is 48.0.2560.0.

Main improvements:
- signed packages (no need to turn off Gatekeeper)
- H264 (MP4) Support for HTML5-Videos
- MP3 Support for HTML5-Audio
- Flash-Player Setup included in the package
- former privacy.ini to block all outg. connections controllable via Config&Backup Tool
- Backup&Config Tool
- Bug-/Securityfixes

To activate sync, please use the attached "Config and Backup Tool".

Download (OS X 10.7 or greater / Intel):
http://www.srware.net/downloads/iron-mac64.zip (64-Bit)
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php


andifor
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:06 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for MacOS

Postby andifor » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:34 pm

With this update, all my settings are lost and I had to start from scratch (bookmarks are kept). Is this an intended behaviour?

Thanks anyway for the new version... :-/


M84
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for MacOS

Postby M84 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:55 pm

Roll20.net is now banning me for my "browser signature" why???? I also had the issue of all settings being erased, and I couldn't just easily drop in this into my Applications folder to replace the old version. :ironvschrome


User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
Posts: 2493
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for MacOS

Postby SRWare » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:01 pm

andifor wrote:With this update, all my settings are lost and I had to start from scratch (bookmarks are kept). Is this an intended behaviour?
Thanks anyway for the new version... :-/


No, however "First Run" detection was buggy in most prior versions (is now set to the normal mode, which also uses Chromium)...
So this can happen, but only once with this release
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php


andifor
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:06 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for MacOS

Postby andifor » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:22 pm

SRWare wrote:
andifor wrote:With this update, all my settings are lost and I had to start from scratch (bookmarks are kept). Is this an intended behaviour?
Thanks anyway for the new version... :-/


No, however "First Run" detection was buggy in most prior versions (is now set to the normal mode, which also uses Chromium)...
So this can happen, but only once with this release


Well, "First run" of the old version behaved better ;o)

This release is a big step!
- vimeo.com finally works
- clear cookies on exit does finally work

On the down side: I don't like bing to be added as my default search engine...


User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
Posts: 2493
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for MacOS

Postby SRWare » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:31 pm

andifor wrote:Well, "First run" of the old version behaved better ;o)


It was set to "no" always by default, now it detects if it is the first one or not.
So we are able to make some recommended settings for the FirstRun users.

andifor wrote:On the down side: I don't like bing to be added as my default search engine...


Well, i think thats a matter of taste. In earlier versions Google was set as default and users mailed us "What the hell does that matter??"
But you can switch it if you want - and it will keep it in future updates. Because "First Run" is set now to yes....
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php


M84
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for MacOS

Postby M84 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:57 pm

M84 wrote:Roll20.net is now banning me for my "browser signature" why???? I also had the issue of all settings being erased, and I couldn't just easily drop in this into my Applications folder to replace the old version. :ironvschrome



Just double-checked Roll20 in Windows, latest Iron, and it DOES still work there, so I'm not sure why the OSX version is causing the server not to like it.


User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
Posts: 2493
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for MacOS

Postby SRWare » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:12 pm

M84 wrote:
M84 wrote:Roll20.net is now banning me for my "browser signature" why???? I also had the issue of all settings being erased, and I couldn't just easily drop in this into my Applications folder to replace the old version. :ironvschrome



Just double-checked Roll20 in Windows, latest Iron, and it DOES still work there, so I'm not sure why the OSX version is causing the server not to like it.


It works here: http://s1.bild.me/bilder/030315/6734214x.jpg

Could you please go to http://www.ip-secrets.com and tell me the user agent that is shown there?
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php


Soap
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for MacOS

Postby Soap » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:04 am

Awesome! Thanks for your support!! :ironvsff


M84
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for MacOS

Postby M84 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:45 pm

"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu/16.10 Chrome/47.0.1453.93 Safari/537.36"

Roll20 started working, but https://gridstylesheets.org/ is returning this: "Error 1010 Ray ID: 2794617b9589109f • 2016-02-23 16:41:53 UTC
Access denied
What happened?
The owner of this website (gridstylesheets.org) has banned your access based on your browser's signature (2794617b9589109f-ua60)." This was also the first time I've ever been on this URL, so it can't already have some grievance against me. This error is virtually identical to the one Roll20 had generated.



Return to “SRWare Iron Support (English)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests