Restoring tabs after crash?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Regis

Restoring tabs after crash?

Post by Regis »

My PC crashed while Iron was open. Upon restarting the machine & Iron I tried using the restore button to recreate the lost session but nothing happened. Restore has always worked in the past so it's possible I accidentally closed the restore box instead of hitting the Restore button.

In any case, I cannot find a way to re-attempt a restoration of the lost tabs. Apparently, in Chrome one can right click in the tab bar to bring up that option, but that's not working for me in Iron. I strongly suspect that the list of tabs open at the time of the crash is available somewhere within Iron, but where, and how can it be accessed?

Using History would be difficult, if not impossible, since many of the lost tabs have been open for months/years. This was not an informal browsing session, but was instead a long list of sites used on a daily basis. So I'm willing to put a fair amount of effort into recovering them. Any assistance would be most greatly appreciated, especially since internet searches bring up precious little specific to Iron.

The operating environment is Windows 7 Pro x64 and Iron Version 70.0.3650.1 (32 bit).

I'm far from a developer, but I'm comfortable poking around under the hood as long as I have specific instructions. Hopefully, someone knowledgeable will be able to tell me how to restore the Restore button (so to speak), or at least how to find the list of tabs open at the time of the crash.

TIA for any help!
Hokum_52

Re: Restoring tabs after crash?

Post by Hokum_52 »

There may be another issue behind what happens to you: after the crash, it's possible that you accidentally opened Iron twice and started using the second instance as the first one didn't work/was closed/crashed, and that the "restore" function only restores what what opened in the first instance of Iron you opened, which means... only the opening page.
Regis

Re: Restoring tabs after crash?

Post by Regis »

Thanks for the reply, hokum_52. I'm familiar with what you described so I always endeavor to make certain to close multiple instances in the proper order. I tend to doubt that was the issue here, but I can't swear to it.

In any case, I'd love to be able to restore the lost tabs. I have not been using Iron since the crash, so surely the data are still available if I could only figure out out how to access/utilize them. I've got to think there's a way to hack Iron to restore to a previous session but it's beyond my knowledge level. Guess I oughta see if there are any Chrome plug-is that might help.

Anyway, thanks for reading & responding to the thread.