New Iron-Version: 9.0.600.2 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

jazluvr

Re: New Iron-Version: 9.0.600.0 Stable for Windows

Post by jazluvr »

SRWare wrote:
jazluvr wrote:So again, does version 9 have the enable cookie option?
no
Thank you.
mapx

Post by mapx »

activating (via about:flags):

GPU Accelerated Compositing
GPU Accelerated Canvas 2D

cause some troubles: some extensions dont function (NOTSCRIPTS, adblock plus)
alx_max

Post by alx_max »

Sekirah wrote:I now have 12 fields displayed on newtab page, however, only the first 8 are actual thumbs, while the 3rd row I've added only has the grey background displayed.
Well, that's a progress! What other modifications have you made?
Scream81

Post by Scream81 »

alx_max wrote:
Sekirah wrote:I now have 12 fields displayed on newtab page, however, only the first 8 are actual thumbs, while the 3rd row I've added only has the grey background displayed.
Well, that's a progress! What other modifications have you made?
alx_max, maybe you forgot to change the height of the most visted field?

Code: Select all

#most-visited-maxiview {
  position: relative;
  height: 366px;
  -webkit-user-select: none;
}
if you set it to height: 550px there is enough room for 12 thumbs... But what is missing to fill the empty four fields with links?
Pkad

Post by Pkad »

SRWare wrote:
Pkad wrote: Nothing works on this page: http://www.chromeexperiments.com/webgl. Sometime I've got this message: Could not initialise shaders. But I don't have any problem with firefox beta 11. What should I do for iron?
Try the "SRWare Iron + GPU (Beta)" from the start menu
Install the latest DirectX (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... layLang=en)
I know I'm late, but thanks for your help. Everything works fine now.
Sekirah

Post by Sekirah »

The values I have added changed only the layout and made room for new thumbs. And I did increase the spacing, do not worry. The problem is now that iron does not add new thumbs to the 3rd row, so history tracking, making new thumbs and placing movable thumb frames is what is currently missing. So it's not that simple.

I've also quickly compared source code of old iron 7 to new iron 9. It will require a second look I'm afraid, since I have no programming experience (but have fairly good amount of knowledge regarding the subject) so I didn't spot any new pieces of code that still need to be changed. Enough to say that there are over 800 changes made to the code, so it could take a while.
Sadeq

Post by Sadeq »

I love Iron! It's very fast :ironvsff :ironvsopera :ironvssafari

However, it sometimes becomes unstable. I don't know if it's just me, or it is a bug.

Steps to reproduce the error:

1. Configure Iron to "ask where to save each file before downloading/"
2. Click to download a file.
3. When the "Save As" dialog box appeared, click the "Create New Folder" icon.
4. My Iron crashes at this stage.
Sekirah

Post by Sekirah »

Tried to reproduce the error but Iron did not crash on me. New folder was made and I could save the file with no problem. Maybe it's an OS issue?
Mele20

Post by Mele20 »

jazluvr wrote:
SRWare wrote:
jazluvr wrote:So again, does version 9 have the enable cookie option?
no
Thank you.
Well, I guess it is time for me to forget about Chrome/Iron. I have kept a very old version that does have correct cookie control and have been waiting, hoping this control would be put back into Iron. Privacy, first and foremost, means proper cookie control not whether the browser calls home or not as that is very easily controlled via a classic HIPS such as ProcessGuard.

I don't understand why you continue with Iron browser at all if you cannot provide it with proper cookie control. Iron is NO better than Chrome now. It is JUNK and invades ones privacy if you cannot control cookies via Ask Me. Without Ask Me there is NO cookie control as waiting to flush cookies after you close the browser (which in my case would be maybe a month as I am online 24/7, avoid rebooting, and keep my browsers always open) does NOT control cookies. The ONLY proper control is Ask Me where you can examine EACH cookie and decide to allow some first party at a certain website but not others at that website, etc.

If SRWare ever gives Iron proper cookie control again, I'll happily start using Iron again. Until then, I will be telling everyone to avoid Iron as not providing proper privacy to Chrome browser.
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

Yeah, i agree, Mele20. I have been afraid Iron would get "watered down", and now i have been seeing people asking for chrome type options, making this more like chrome. Using most google add-ons enables tracking, and i have uninstalled google earth after they were caught gathering more than pictures with their streetcar view.

I also have latest version 7 that uses the enable cookie control. I have been looking at opera, and i also found a funny little browser called Browzar, too many things to say here, and I'll be surprised if this even gets posted. SWare guys, you are ruining what could have been an awesome browser, by giving into google and it's fanboys requests here for google-like options.