Yahoo recommends you upgrade your browser to enjoy all the features in the new Yahoo Mail.

Iron Forum for english speaking people

aelfheld

Yahoo recommends you upgrade your browser to enjoy all the features in the new Yahoo Mail.

Post by aelfheld »

I'm running Version 64.0.3350.0 (Official Build) (32-bit).

Every time I try to access Yahoo Mail I get a page with the message "Yahoo recommends you upgrade your browser to enjoy all the features in the new Yahoo Mail."

I've cleared cookies, I've cleared cache, nothing works.

This isn't a problem with Firefox or IE. I've not tried unadulterated Chrome, but it's likely not a problem there either.
aelfheld

Re: Yahoo recommends you upgrade your browser to enjoy all the features in the new Yahoo Mail.

Post by aelfheld »

Got this back from Yahoo:
Click the Settings icon Image of the Settings icon. in the top-right corner.
Click Switch to classic mail at the bottom of the window.
From the "Tell us why you want to leave" drop down menu, select a reason.
In the provided field, enter additional comments.
Click Switch back to classic Mail (only clickable if you do steps 3 and 4)
Once I did that - using the Firefox bloatware - I'm able to get to Yahoo Mail via Iron.
JohnEs

Re: Yahoo recommends you upgrade your browser to enjoy all the features in the new Yahoo Mail.

Post by JohnEs »

I faced the same problem but with Outlook. Besides, I had to import VCF list to Outlook external link. This utility helped me to copy thousands of electronic business cards into my mailbox at once. I thought it’d take several days, instead this program did this job automatically for several minutes. Moreover, it took care of the structure of the source folder. Now it’s an indispensable tool for my day-to-day work. Hope it will help you too.
blacker

Post by blacker »

aelfheld wrote:Got this back from Yahoo:
Click the Settings icon Image of the Settings icon. in the top-right corner.
Click Switch to classic mail at the bottom of the window.
From the "Tell us why you want to leave" drop down menu, select a reason.
In the provided field, enter additional comments.
Click Switch back to classic Mail (only clickable if you do steps 3 and 4)
Once I did that - using the Firefox bloatware - I'm able to get to Yahoo Mail via Iron.
Thanks a lot, your instruction helped me!
Cheers :)
shaqdeez

Post by shaqdeez »

Now that Yahoo is forcing the upgrade of their web email starting Feb 1 2019 I can't use Iron. Is there a way around this?
CorbN

Post by CorbN »

shaqdeez wrote:Now that Yahoo is forcing the upgrade of their web email starting Feb 1 2019 I can't use Iron. Is there a way around this?
Same problem for me! :(
Has someone found a solution :?:
I don't want to change my default browser... please help ! :ironvsff :ironvschrome
madman12

Post by madman12 »

Can this be looked into otherwise I would have to change to another browser entirely. :ironvsff
throkr

Post by throkr »

Here is a working solution (I use it myself):

1. Install user agent switcher for Chrome

2. Choose a user agent from this page (I'm using Chrome 70 for Windows 10 = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.110 Safari/537.36) and add it to the general list (this way the user agent is only changed for this one page and is remembered; the general user agent is not modified).

3. Add "mail.yahoo.com" (or "login.yahoo.com") combined with the new string you just added to the permanent spoof list.

That's it: now you should be able to login to the new yahoo mail without any problem! ;)

Hope this helps ...
madman12

Post by madman12 »

throkr wrote:Here is a working solution (I use it myself):

1. Install user agent switcher for Chrome

2. Choose a user agent from this page (I'm using Chrome 70 for Windows 10 = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.110 Safari/537.36) and add it to the general list (this way the user agent is only changed for this one page and is remembered; the general user agent is not modified).

3. Add "mail.yahoo.com" (or "login.yahoo.com") combined with the new string you just added to the permanent spoof list.

That's it: now you should be able to login to the new yahoo mail without any problem! ;)

Hope this helps ...
Thank you, this worked for me however this should still be something developers should fix themselves if possible that is.
throkr

Post by throkr »

madman12 wrote:Thank you, this worked for me however this should still be something developers should fix themselves if possible that is.
Glad I could help; I agree that this should be working without using a special add-on ...