How do I get a bookmark toolbar?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Anonymouse

How do I get a bookmark toolbar?

Post by Anonymouse »

I'm moving from Firefox and I'm used to having a bunch of bookmarks on my toolbar for quick access. Can I get that in Iron?

(And a side note: when is the next Iron version coming out? I heard it will be compatible with a lot more userscripts and I use a userscript to get mp3's from the Hype Machine.)

ironuser

Re: How do I get a bookmark toolbar?

Post by ironuser »

Click on the TOOL in the upper right and SELECT 'Always Show the Bookmarks Toolbar' Or do a CTRL-B
Once there use it like you did in Firefox. Right Click on it to add a new bookmark or bookmark folder.
Drag URL's to the bar, or to a folder on the toolbar using the STAR at the left of the URL box.
Click the Tool and select the Bookmarks Manager to do more in depth things.
Anonymouse

Post by Anonymouse »

ironuser wrote:Click on the TOOL in the upper right and SELECT 'Always Show the Bookmarks Toolbar' Or do a CTRL-B
Once there use it like you did in Firefox. Right Click on it to add a new bookmark or bookmark folder.
Drag URL's to the bar, or to a folder on the toolbar using the STAR at the left of the URL box.
Click the Tool and select the Bookmarks Manager to do more in depth things.
Thanks bro!
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

Glad I could help. Most everything is there under the Tool, the Page icon, or the right Click menu.
controlfreak

Post by controlfreak »

It would be nice if there were a mouse gesture that would hide/show the bookmark bar in order to save space when we're not using it. ;)
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

controlfreak wrote:It would be nice if there were a mouse gesture that would hide/show the bookmark bar in order to save space when we're not using it. ;)
I just use CTRL+B to toggle it. About as easy as licking a mouse around to get the correct gesture IMO.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

ironuser wrote:
controlfreak wrote:It would be nice if there were a mouse gesture that would hide/show the bookmark bar in order to save space when we're not using it. ;)
I just use CTRL+B to toggle it. About as easy as licking a mouse around to get the correct gesture IMO.
Above should read: "About as easy as CLICKING a mouse around to get the correct gesture, IMO"

Sheesh! I wish they would put an EDIT in these forums!! Kind of lame to NOT have one!
Come on SRware. Add the edit option to your forums! It can be set up so that only the users can edit their own posts!
UNLESS OF COURSE *** YOU *** ARE WILLING TO DO THE EDITING WHILE REVIEWING THEM FOR inclusion. My guess is YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DO THAT!