Odd 'back button' behaviour.

Iron Forum for english speaking people

DaveIron

Odd 'back button' behaviour.

Post by DaveIron »

Yesterday I enabled the adblocker in Iron & it appears to be working superbly. However I have noticed a strange behaviour in the IMDb site. I find that if I click on a link, one of the 'Born Today' links for example, I find that it is difficult to return to the original page with the back button. Has anyone else noticed anything like this? So far I have not noticed it on any other sites. Could it be an adblocker bug?
DaveIron

Re: Odd 'back button' behaviour.

Post by DaveIron »

I am starting to notice this behaviour on other sites. I did not notice this before I started to use the adblocker. Has anyone else had this problem?
Vibov

Post by Vibov »

I think it happens on websites which redirect the user to a different address.

You make a step back all right... but it redirects you again, and so you're kind of trapped.

You can try pressing and holding down [backspace] on the keyboard - this can override this annoying behaviour, simply because the website can't keep up with you - you're effectively sending the "go back" command over and over more quickly than the website is able to initiate the redirection.

As a result, you finally "jump over" the redirection.
DaveIron

Post by DaveIron »

Yes backspace can work. It's a bit hit & miss though & often ends up with a new tab. I think the only reliable way is to right-click on the back button & select from the drop-down menu. It doesn't happen on all sites & I don't remember this activity before I enabled the adblocker. It's nice to be able to look at IMDb without all of those annoying adverts but this is an odd phenomenon. I don't know if they're related. I suppose it's a small price to pay to not to have to look at all of those advert flashplayers. My guess is that it's a bug.
DaveIron

Post by DaveIron »

I have also discovered that double-clicking the back button (sometimes more than once) can take you back a page. It seems to be predominantly on links on this page (IMDb). At least I have noticed it here more. I am sure that some links acted normally at first then later I found it difficult to go back a page. Does anyone else have this problem at the IMDb page?
DaveIron

Post by DaveIron »

Although Iron #4.0.280 seems to have cured this problem as far as I can tell, I have noticed that on some Yahoo! News links (particularly from my 'My Yahoo!' page) I have to press 'back' twice to return to the original page. This is nowhere near what it was like before though. It seems like a very minor gremlin. ;)
JackNapier

Post by JackNapier »

I have this problem with the latest linux release (5.0.381). Primarily on a forum that uses vBulletin, if that helps.
DaveIron

Post by DaveIron »

JackNapier wrote:I have this problem with the latest linux release (5.0.381). Primarily on a forum that uses vBulletin, if that helps.
OK, thanks for the info. It tends to happen in (Windows) Yahoo! links my 'My Yahoo!' page which is quite customised (5.0.381).
DaveIron

Post by DaveIron »

It seems that 5.0.382 has fixed this! Excellent. :D :ironvssafari :ironvsff :ironvsopera