New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

robert e

frequent "Aw Snap!" errors in 5.0.381 (but better than locku

Post by robert e »

I get a lot of "Aw Snap!" screens, most frequently on Amazon.com search results, and almost always triggered by hitting the PageDn key on the numeric keypad or by closing another tab. Sometimes all open tabs crash at once.

At least on my Vista system, the biggest improvement in 5.0.381 over previous versions is that it crashes much more gracefully. "Aw Snap!" crashes are not showstoppers like the freez-ups in previous versions--those would leave processes in memory and often force me to reboot in order to browse the web.

While this is a big improvement, I think there are still just as many page crashes as there used to be.
Chikon

Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for Windows

Post by Chikon »

Is there a feed or email subscription that I can subscribe to that will notify me when Iron gets an update?
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

Chikon wrote:Is there a feed or email subscription that I can subscribe to that will notify me when Iron gets an update?
http://www.srware.net/en/srware_rss.php
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
stealthco4545

Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 for Windows

Post by stealthco4545 »

vtol wrote:flash content not playing anywhere, always requesting adobe flash-in required, not recognising that 10.1 is installed... (WIN 7 64bit, flash 10.1 for 32bit browsers installed - Iron is only 32bit, isn't it?)

Also having this problem, other than it not recognizing flash it seems to work really well.
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

No issues with Flash, DivX or any other video format so far. In general, 5.0.381 is rock solid on my Vista SP2 64-bit install.
cps

Post by cps »

Is there a way to have IRON invoked and go directly to the "Default" page rather than display the "recent" activity icons?
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

cps wrote:Is there a way to have IRON invoked and go directly to the "Default" page rather than display the "recent" activity icons?
Click the 'Tool", then Options, then the 'Basics' tab, then 'On Start Up' click the circle next to 'Open the Home Page'. In the Home page area below that, click the circle next tot eh
Open This Page' and put your home page in the box next to that. (Note:Iron is open, and if it is open to you home page, you can COPY and PASTE the URL next to the STAR into that box).