BING search makes me upset

Iron Forum for english speaking people

mleanixero

BING search makes me upset

Post by mleanixero »

I recently have installed 49. version and I noticed very bad practice. I am upset to see this BING s*** in front of me. Please at least enable us to get rid of it.
adelphi

Re: BING search makes me upset

Post by adelphi »

Same here! I got plenty of calls from employees missing their Google. Please switch back to Google or implement a silent install switch for search engine selection.

Thanks
Daniel
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

adelphi wrote:Same here! I got plenty of calls from employees missing their Google. Please switch back to Google or implement a silent install switch for search engine selection.

Thanks
Daniel
Hi Daniel,
go to settings, "Search" and Select Google. And search in the omnibox as before. You do not need to use the "new tab search". It's optinal
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
adelphi

Post by adelphi »

go to settings, "Search" and Select Google. And search in the omnibox as before. You do not need to use the "new tab search". It's optinal
I know how to change it. But I need a way to centrally manage this setting, e.g. during deployment (command line switch). In my environment Iron ist deployed to 170 Clients. If every employee calls the helpdesk because Iron changed the search engine itself from Google to Bing just because of a version update, its a lot of wasted time for me and the colleagues.

Thanks,
Daniel
unclekenz

Post by unclekenz »

Hi, :D
Just updated to SRWare_v49.0.2600.0 64 bit on Windows 7 Home Premium.

I set Google as default search in Customize/Settings/Search and Customize/Settings/Manage Search Engines.
In the above settings, Bing does not even show as a search option, let alone selectable.

Despite the above unavailability of Bing as a selectable search option, miraculously Bing presents itself every time as the default search in Omnibox.

I have also reset to default settings and started again from scratch, to find no resolution to ridding Bing as default search in Omnibox.

Any other clues as to how to rid SRWare browser of Bing? Wait for next browser version? It's pretty disappointing at the moment with this bug. :oops:

Thank you.
unclekenz
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

adelphi wrote:
I know how to change it. But I need a way to centrally manage this setting, e.g. during deployment (command line switch). In my environment Iron ist deployed to 170 Clients. If every employee calls the helpdesk because Iron changed the search engine itself from Google to Bing just because of a version update, its a lot of wasted time for me and the colleagues.

Thanks,
Daniel
To deploy your own settings, copy your custom files to the PCs:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default\Web Data
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\kSE1 (file must contain "1")
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\First Run (can be empty)

But be aware:
This also overwrites other settings

hozza

Post by hozza »

easy way (the way I have used) is to uninstall SRware Iron browser and go back to Google Chrome! Easy - SRWare has been funded by Bing! it is time to leave :evil:
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

hozza wrote:easy way (the way I have used) is to uninstall SRware Iron browser and go back to Google Chrome! Easy - SRWare has been funded by Bing! it is time to leave :evil:
As said before in another thread, we will give you the possibility to remove the searchbox in the next version. No reason to panic ;)

hozza

Post by hozza »

SRWare wrote:
hozza wrote:easy way (the way I have used) is to uninstall SRware Iron browser and go back to Google Chrome! Easy - SRWare has been funded by Bing! it is time to leave :evil:
As said before in another thread, we will give you the possibility to remove the searchbox in the next version. No reason to panic ;)

I'm sorry, it must suck to have a great product that nobody is willing to pay for :? I will donate instead and hope you can keep out the scumbags who want our information
Jaegweir1259

Post by Jaegweir1259 »

SRWare wrote:

ok so it has been 4 months since you stated this, when is the next version coming out that will allow us to remove bing?

you mentioned "No reason to PANIC" , you do realize that bing is counter intuitive to Iron's concept of PRIVACY AND SECURITY right?

I am removing srware iron until; this is possible