Sync is back - read here

Iron Forum for english speaking people

SRWare
Site Admin

Sync is back - read here

Post by SRWare »

The opinions about sync were divided since the beginning. Some wrote us angry messages because they or family members had accidentally activated and thaught, this function should disappear. But others are eager to use this feature.

Therefore we have for now a compromise:
The synchronization can be simple and easily activated using our tool "ActivateSync.exe" - also for Portable.

How does this work?
1) Close ALL Iron window incl. the process.
2) Put ActivateSync.exe in the Iron folder (C: \ Program Files ...) or in the IronPortable folder (ActivateSyncPortable.exe - Important: put it there where the IronPortable.exe lies - not in the "Iron" folder) . Start the exe, click the button. Iron starts.
3) Enable synchronization on the menu as normal
4) Finish. Immediately Iron can be used normally, you can now "forget" ActivateSync.exe.

Download:
http://www.srware.net/downloads/ActivateSync.zip
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
nyt1066

Re: Sync is back - read here

Post by nyt1066 »

Is there a plan to do the same for Mac version (or maybe updating the Mac version)? Thanks.
a.robey11

Post by a.robey11 »

Do you have plans for a fix for the Linux (specifically Debian) version? Thanks!
timbuctoo

Post by timbuctoo »

SRWare wrote:The opinions about sync were divided since the beginning. Some wrote us angry messages because they or family members had accidentally activated and thaught, this function should disappear. But others are eager to use this feature.

Therefore we have for now a compromise:
The synchronization can be simple and easily activated using our tool "ActivateSync.exe" - also for Portable.

How does this work?
1) Close ALL Iron window incl. the process.
2) Put ActivateSync.exe in the Iron folder (C: \ Program Files ...) or in the IronPortable folder (ActivateSyncPortable.exe - Important: put it there where the IronPortable.exe lies - not in the "Iron" folder) . Start the exe, click the button. Iron starts.
3) Enable synchronization on the menu as normal
4) Finish. Immediately Iron can be used normally, you can now "forget" ActivateSync.exe.

Download:
http://www.srware.net/downloads/ActivateSync.zip
Worked like a charm! Thank you so much.

Life was hell without being able to restore previous settings.
bal000

Post by bal000 »

SRWare wrote: Some wrote us angry messages because they or family members had accidentally activated and thaught, this function should disappear. But others are eager to use this feature.
can someone explain me HOW IS POSSIBLE accidentally activate a service which request

- a google account password
- create a new password to crypt everything

what type of stupid monkeys used this? i need sync because of multiboot pc....

WTF why delete a useful function because the monkeys can't park their hands in their own a**hole?
koellewood

Post by koellewood »

ok its a bugfix... it will be addet soon to the regular version?
Max Mustermann

Post by Max Mustermann »

This seems to not work for me. With ActivateSyncPortable.exe right in the IronPortable directory root the ActivateSyncPortable.exe starts, but clicking on "Start iron to activate sync..." does nothing. No Iron popping up neither as owning user nor as administrator.

Is there a required dependency for the Activator to work that might be missing?
AnotherStupidAccount

Post by AnotherStupidAccount »

Max Mustermann wrote:This seems to not work for me. With ActivateSyncPortable.exe right in the IronPortable directory root the ActivateSyncPortable.exe starts, but clicking on "Start iron to activate sync..." does nothing. No Iron popping up neither as owning user nor as administrator.

Is there a required dependency for the Activator to work that might be missing?
100% same problem here using 39.0.2100.0

Any other help?
Bobby1912

Post by Bobby1912 »

Is this version of Activate Sync still good? I ask this because, since the portable version 43 of Iron, I have to login two times most of the time to my account.
dr_revelator

Post by dr_revelator »

a.robey11 wrote:Do you have plans for a fix for the Linux (specifically Debian) version? Thanks!

Same here. Still pouring over forums to see if there is a way yet. Not a very active forum lately.