Enabling Print Preview in SRWare Iron

Iron Forum for english speaking people

rish3

Enabling Print Preview in SRWare Iron

Post by rish3 »

The way to do this has changed. I spent some time figuring it out, and thought I would share.

1) Download Chrome Portable, and copy the pdf.dll file to the directory where iron.exe resides. Probably something like C:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron\.

2) For both your desktop icon, as well as the start menu entry:
  • a) Right click and select properties.
  • b) Select the "Shortcut" tab if it's not already selected.
  • c) In the "Target" entry, add a space at the end, followed by: --enable-print-preview
Too bad the entry in chrome:://flags is gone. Having to specify on the command line is pretty clunky.
dworsley

Re: Enabling Print Preview in SRWare Iron

Post by dworsley »

I also need print preview. I downloaded the portable as you said, but it does not contain the pdf file. I'm obviously doinbg something wrong - andy clues?

David
mapx

Post by mapx »

open your chrome portable folder and go to
GoogleChromePortable\App\Chrome-bin\31.0.1650.57

you'll see there pdf.dll
cg10

Post by cg10 »

I have been using this workaround for years now, but for some reason, it has not been working with the last few versions of SRWare Iron. When I add the --enable-print-preview to the shortcut, Iron won't open anymore. I click and nothing happens. As soon as I remove the --enable-print-preview command, I click again and it opens perfectly... except that the print preview is still not working! Any thoughts on how to fix this? I tried with a few computers and different Windows versions (7, 8, 8.1, etc.). Thanks!
cg10

Post by cg10 »

PS: It actually works if I add --enable-print-preview to the shortcut for chrome.exe in the srware iron folder instead of the shortcut for iron.exe...