New Iron-Version: 21.0.1200.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

ironuser

Re: New Iron-Version: 21.0.1200.0 Stable for Windows

Post by ironuser »

You probably need to run the installer as 'administrator'. Try right click, RUN AS then select 'administrator'.
Roller

Post by Roller »

ironuser wrote:You probably need to run the installer as 'administrator'. Try right click, RUN AS then select 'administrator'.
Yeah, I tried that. That's why I'm so puzzled.

In the end, I gave up and worked on installing the "portable" version (whatever that means), so I got it working. However, I'm feeling like the "portable" version is somehow "crippled," so I'm not confident in using it as my default browser.
Beager

Post by Beager »

I see that in this newest version that the older extensions will no longer be supported (manifest 1) and that Iron will require manifest 2 later on.

How can I continue to use my extension (a YouTube downloader) that is no longer hosted on the Google Extensions website (due to Google not wanting this)
and have the latest version of Iron running?
mapx

Post by mapx »

--enable-easy-off-store-extension-install

Enables extensions to be easily installed from sites other than the web store. Without this flag, they can still be installed, but must be manually dragged onto chrome://extensions/
spb

Post by spb »

Thanks for browser. But to my mind New Tab Page is a slightly worse than in my previous version 9.0.600.0, because I can't attach my favorite sites to constant places. I know about bookmarks ofc, but big icons at center of pages are more convenient.
RikkyRicardo

Post by RikkyRicardo »

Nobody having Iron crash when visiting Twitter.com ?

Any solution admin ?
tony

Post by tony »

Print Preview does not work again. Downloading latest pdf.dll doesnt work nor will my windows 7 allow command line option.
Help please.
TK47-YXU-2012

Post by TK47-YXU-2012 »

Kensington wrote:Great news. Are there some printscreens available? Is it also in Dutch?

How do I update my current SRWare Iron browser (version 18.0.1050.0)? Just install the new version and it will overwrite the files?
I just updated my Srware, with the newest edition. No need to uninstall to re install, just install it over the existing version. My download was super fast and the installation even quicker. I'm so looking forward to seeing how efficient this one is. 18 eh? I check this site on a fairly regular basis to see if this remarkable browser has an update. Version 21 is available now.
Zampone

Unable to install any addons

Post by Zampone »

Since updating to the latest version of Iron I am unable to install anything from the Appstore as there is no 'Add to Chrome' button, there is nothing there, just empty space.

Even friends of mine in the US that I have got to try out your browser, love the browser but cannot install any addons or apps.

Also, now the other technique I used to use, does not work either.
(discussed here) http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 861#p11008

Please help. :cry:

Thank you.

Mark.
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

Did you download the browser from srware.net?
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php