Battlefield 3 Crash = Iron Lock-Up

Iron Forum for english speaking people

johnsrg

Battlefield 3 Crash = Iron Lock-Up

Post by johnsrg »

Hi All,

I just loaded Battlefield 3 and BF3 uses the browser for the game. Every time I try to launch the game I get an error. The game runs fine if I use IE9 and I have had to make IE9 my default browser because of this :evil: ....Help! Also, I continue to receive this error if I try to open a new tab, or try to type in a URL...Etc. To stop getting the error I have to stop and start a new browser session.

The pop up error reads: 'The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application.

The only other error I see in Event Viewer is this: The description for Event ID 0 from source gupdate cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
Service stopped
seanpual123

Re: Battlefield 3 Crash = Iron Lock-Up

Post by seanpual123 »

This part of battlefield is looking awesome i will buy it soon. Have you solved the prob?
Paul LGN

Post by Paul LGN »

I get the exact same, 'BF3.exe Has Stopped Working' every time I try to play on any server, with any playercount. Sometimes I can crash, re-load the game and not get a crash until the next round, or on one occasion not a crash until 3 rounds later! I've done all the fixes under the sun, it clearly is not my PC. This needs fixing!
SkOrPn

Post by SkOrPn »

I also have this problem. So the only solution is to uninstall SRWare Iron and use the official Chrome? When I go to launch the game, it opens Iron and then a strange sound occurs, and Iron just becomes unresponsive with an error window. It then tells me to wait, but it does nothing. Hope this gets fixed soon. Going back to Chrome until this is fixed.

Thanks for the information.

The SkOrPn