New Iron-Version: 49.0.2600.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people
lylejk
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 49.0.2600.0 Stable for Windows

Postby lylejk » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:43 pm

lylejk wrote:Just tried the backup tool for the first time to save a backup. Doesn't appear to work. Once I set the directory and give it a name and start, nothing appears to happen. Not sure what the issue is. I'm running .2600 in WinXP. :)


Hugo figured out a work-a-round to this issue. :)

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8767&start=10#p26562


Sashurick
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 49.0.2600.0 Stable for Windows

Postby Sashurick » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:41 pm

Hi SRWare team!
I am writing to you concerning the problem I faced with last version of Iron. Perhaps the same problem exists in the earlier versions too.
The favicons in the Pinned section of Jump list (right click on Iron's icon in taskbar) are missing although the Most visited section of the Jump list shows site's favicons.
Please have a look into this.
Thank you!


Ferric Oxide
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:24 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 49.0.2600.0 Stable for Windows

Postby Ferric Oxide » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:59 am

RikkyRicardo wrote:This update seems like its causing certain websites to refresh by themselves when I scroll down on them. Any ideas?


There are a number of ways that sites instruct a browser to periodically refresh a web page (meta-refresh, refresh HTTP header, etc. - some of which have been depreciated by the W3C), and depending on the site it can be infuriating.

Some sites use java script to refresh, and this can be circumvented by turning off java script (use the disable java script setting in Iron's configuration and then selectively enable java script for those sites where you need it).

If the site uses java script to refresh you can also try the following "trick". Add an item in your bookmarks tool bar and call it something like "Kill Refresh". In the URL portion paste the following snippet of java script:

Code: Select all

javascript:%20clearInterval(timer);%20autoRefresh=null;%20void%200;

Now when you go to the annoying site press the bookmark button after the page loads and you will effectively kill the refresh.


Azrael5
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 49.0.2600.0 Stable for Windows

Postby Azrael5 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:15 am

The above problem happen also to me It seems that the pages continue to charge them continuously. I thought it was for a connectivity issue. Behind I note that sometimes the java options on the page are not always immediately working.
Jetway pt88bspro-ec|Pentium 4 670|OCZ Platinum DDR400 2x1GB|Sapphire HD3850 AGP|Creative XtremeGamer|Dexxa ps/2|Edifier S550|Asus VB175T|Xp


User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
Posts: 2493
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 49.0.2600.0 Stable for Windows

Postby SRWare » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:37 am

Azrael5 wrote:The above problem happen also to me It seems that the pages continue to charge them continuously. I thought it was for a connectivity issue. Behind I note that sometimes the java options on the page are not always immediately working.


Maybe it's this problem?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9016&p=26664#p26660
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php


porkie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:33 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 49.0.2600.0 - Avast got alarmed

Postby porkie » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:41 am

Hi,

Yesterday (19 April) Avast antivirus started treating the chrome.exe as infected by "Win64:Evo-gen". That was the v49 x64 no WebRTC, installed a few weeks ago.

Anybody else experience this? Version 48 seems to have no problems.

Regards,
P


User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
Posts: 2493
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 49.0.2600.0 - Avast got alarmed

Postby SRWare » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:02 am

porkie wrote:Hi,

Yesterday (19 April) Avast antivirus started treating the chrome.exe as infected by "Win64:Evo-gen". That was the v49 x64 no WebRTC, installed a few weeks ago.

Anybody else experience this? Version 48 seems to have no problems.

Regards,
P


False positive.
https://virustotal.com/en/file/47d78c91 ... /analysis/
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php


porkie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:33 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 49.0.2600.0 - Avast got alarmed

Postby porkie » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:51 am

SRWare wrote:
porkie wrote:Hi,

Yesterday (19 April) Avast antivirus started treating the chrome.exe as infected by "Win64:Evo-gen". That was the v49 x64 no WebRTC, installed a few weeks ago.

Anybody else experience this? Version 48 seems to have no problems.

Regards,
P


False positive.
https://virustotal.com/en/file/47d78c91 ... /analysis/


Appreciate your reply. That VirusTotal page is for the 32-bit version. Do you publish checksums for all versions, including the "no WebRTC" one? I did not see them in the v49 announcement on this forum.

Thanks!


User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
Posts: 2493
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 49.0.2600.0 - Avast got alarmed

Postby SRWare » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:22 am

porkie wrote:Appreciate your reply. That VirusTotal page is for the 32-bit version. Do you publish checksums for all versions, including the "no WebRTC" one? I did not see them in the v49 announcement on this forum.

Thanks!


64 Bit:
https://virustotal.com/en/file/5439f749 ... 461147662/
0/56

We don't publish checksums, but all files are digitally signed.
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php


RikkyRicardo
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 49.0.2600.0 Stable for Windows

Postby RikkyRicardo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Disabled discards, problem still occurs



Return to “SRWare Iron Support (English)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests