New Iron-Version: 49.0.2600.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

selukwe

Re: New Iron-Version: 49.0.2600.0 Stable for Windows

Post by selukwe »

See here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8758#p25679

The switch is now accessible and appears to work as expected when set to Disabled.
I confirm that it works. Thanks :-). But why has this not been set to Disabled mode by default? It makes sense that it should... Most of the people probably wouldn't figure out how to do this unless advised. Including me :-).
RikkyRicardo

Post by RikkyRicardo »

This update seems like its causing certain websites to refresh by themselves when I scroll down on them. Any ideas?
amayra

Post by amayra »

thanks for your hard work but can you give source of IronPortable Launcher only ? i cant get full source with my my 2g connection is limited :ironvssafari
M84

Post by M84 »

Not happy my search was changed without my consent. VERY not happy about that :shock:
GCG

Post by GCG »

M84, you might want to checkout: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nfo-dialog ,because it might give your more control over your search engine choices.
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

M84 wrote:Not happy my search was changed without my consent. VERY not happy about that :shock:
Million Dollar companys get an offer from EVERY big search engine FROM THE BEGINNING. They can set anything as default and earn and earn and earn. There is not need to change.

We haven't this staus. We get from Google: 0.

Changing the engine back takes a few seconds of time. And sorry: Make a Bad Product or stop development after running out of money because i want to avoid that somebody has to take a few seconds of time - is not an option ;) Not from a moral point of view (not even from a common moral) and not from a business point of view.

Thanks for understanding ;)
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
einzelherz

Post by einzelherz »

Papillon wrote:How would one best 'upgrade' from Iron 32 to Iron 64? Is it a simple matter of installing the 64 bit over the 32 bit version?

Please note that I would like to preserve my current settings (bookmarks, extensions, etc...)

Thanks for your help.
Backup your bookmarks and settings beforehand. I didn't do this and it wiped everything when I installed the different version.
lylejk

Post by lylejk »

Just tried the backup tool for the first time to save a backup. Doesn't appear to work. Once I set the directory and give it a name and start, nothing appears to happen. Not sure what the issue is. I'm running .2600 in WinXP. :)
RikkyRicardo

Post by RikkyRicardo »

Hi SRWare

I took a screenshot of this problem I posted about a few days ago
This update seems like its causing certain websites to refresh by themselves when I scroll down on them. Any ideas?
iron.JPG
It happens on many sites. I load up a site, start reading, goes blank, re-appears after 30secs/1minute but usually scrolls me down to the bottom of the page. Any ideas? It's annoying
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adelphi

Post by adelphi »

SRWare wrote: Changing the engine back takes a few seconds of time. And sorry: Make a Bad Product or stop development after running out of money because i want to avoid that somebody has to take a few seconds of time - is not an option ;)
For an end-user I agree, but for corporate environments it's too short-sighted: If a search engine changes unexpectedly, almost every user will call the IT helpdesk. For a 150 people company it means a lot of work to process these trouble tickets and to explain "none technical" users how to change it.

For us it seems that Iron is no longer a product to use in larger production environments. We will therefore switch back to Google Chrome and control it via group policies.

Sorry to say that!