New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.2 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people
Daithis
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:56 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for Windows

Postby Daithis » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:55 pm

Drazick wrote:Hello,
What was the reason behind disabling WebRTC?

Yea, it broadcasts your IP all over the place. Some people don't want that. Opera allows you the option to block it (with a plugin that really works) while Chrome does not.

I'm glad to hear Iron is also allowing us the option.

It's really needed and it made me move to a different browser now.

Well you'll still have it. You'll just have to enable it, though


Azrael5
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for Windows

Postby Azrael5 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:15 am

Daithis wrote:
Drazick wrote:Hello,
What was the reason behind disabling WebRTC?

Yea, it broadcasts your IP all over the place. Some people don't want that. Opera allows you the option to block it (with a plugin that really works) while Chrome does not.

I'm glad to hear Iron is also allowing us the option.

It's really needed and it made me move to a different browser now.

Well you'll still have it. You'll just have to enable it, though



what's the benefit of webrtc?
Jetway pt88bspro-ec|Pentium 4 670|OCZ Platinum DDR400 2x1GB|Sapphire HD3850 AGP|Creative XtremeGamer|Dexxa ps/2|Edifier S550|Asus VB175T|Xp


Drazick
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:35 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for Windows

Postby Drazick » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:53 pm

Daithis wrote:
Drazick wrote:Hello,
What was the reason behind disabling WebRTC?

Yea, it broadcasts your IP all over the place. Some people don't want that. Opera allows you the option to block it (with a plugin that really works) while Chrome does not.

I'm glad to hear Iron is also allowing us the option.

It's really needed and it made me move to a different browser now.

Well you'll still have it. You'll just have to enable it, though


Well,
I use Google Hangout a lot.
At first, in Iron the Share Screen option didn't work.
Now the whole thing doesn't work.

You say I have to enable it, how?

Thank You.


Daithis
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:56 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for Windows

Postby Daithis » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:09 pm

You say I have to enable it, how?

You can't. Not yet. Right now it's disabled by default.

According to SRWare, that's an addition for a future release. What would be ideal is an Iron-based plug-in we can install with a on/off toggle button on the main toolbar.

I only asked earlier how we would be able to toggle it on or off when the next edition comes out. Apparently some sites (like Google Hangout) need WebRTC. Most don't.


Hotcakes
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:05 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for Windows

Postby Hotcakes » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:58 am

Drazick wrote:Hello,
What was the reason behind disabling WebRTC?

See here
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8475

Assuming they add the option for WebRTC with v49, I suggest you use v46 for now.


xakerz
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for Windows

Postby xakerz » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Guys hello :) Have a problem with playing audio jn this page http://www.germanpod101.com/2009/01/07/ ... n-germany/

in other browser everything is ok :shock: Adblock is disabled and no more filters are running :shock:


User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for Windows

Postby SRWare » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:21 pm

xakerz wrote:Guys hello :) Have a problem with playing audio jn this page http://www.germanpod101.com/2009/01/07/ ... n-germany/

in other browser everything is ok :shock: Adblock is disabled and no more filters are running :shock:


From where did you download the browser and when?
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php

100% anonymous VPN with no-log policy:
https://www.perfect-privacy.com/en/features?a_aid=ip-secrets


xakerz
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for Windows

Postby xakerz » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:14 pm

SRWare wrote:
xakerz wrote:Guys hello :) Have a problem with playing audio jn this page http://www.germanpod101.com/2009/01/07/ ... n-germany/

in other browser everything is ok :shock: Adblock is disabled and no more filters are running :shock:


From where did you download the browser and when?


From here. Just updated an old version. Will it help if you do a clean install? I guess something wrong happend with PPAPI flash :shock:


User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for Windows

Postby SRWare » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:29 pm

xakerz wrote:
SRWare wrote:
xakerz wrote:Guys hello :) Have a problem with playing audio jn this page http://www.germanpod101.com/2009/01/07/ ... n-germany/

in other browser everything is ok :shock: Adblock is disabled and no more filters are running :shock:


From where did you download the browser and when?


From here. Just updated an old version. Will it help if you do a clean install? I guess something wrong happend with PPAPI flash :shock:


Initial versions of Iron 48 could not play mp3. Was later updated. Please redownload again and test
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php

100% anonymous VPN with no-log policy:
https://www.perfect-privacy.com/en/features?a_aid=ip-secrets


xakerz
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 48.0.2550.0 Stable for Windows

Postby xakerz » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:52 pm

SRWare wrote:
Initial versions of Iron 48 could not play mp3. Was later updated. Please redownload again and test


Now it works :) Thanks a lot



Return to “SRWare Iron Support (English)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests