SRWare
Site Admin

Re: Iron Config & Backup Tool

Post by SRWare »

yetubokahu wrote:1. Disable Developer mode ext-pop-up
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3028 ... sions-pop/

2. Clear new tab(white) option
Note:
You (mostly) don't need the developer mode in Iron. You can install .crx directly without problems!
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
yetubokahu

Post by yetubokahu »

SRWare wrote:Note:
You (mostly) don't need the developer mode in Iron. You can install .crx directly without problems!
IF it add as zipped folder and change zip to crx it will "CRX_MAGIC_NUMBER_INVALID" error
And it need to add as developer mode, use repuck button, delete added as dev, and add repucked .crx. And do it with all old extensions
MST246

Post by MST246 »

Will this tool work with other chrome browsers? I love this thing but mom won't switch to Iron.
jeffshead

Post by jeffshead »

Tool is not working for me on Win7x64 with Version 61.0.3200.0 (Developer Build) (64-bit).

I am in the process of migrating to a new Win7 machine. No errors when creating the backup or when restoring it on the new machine but the only thing that restores are the bookmarks. When I open Iron, I get an alert that some setting were reset and it asks if I want to rest them all.

Is there a fix for this or a way to manually copy all settings, extension etc.?
usikpa

Post by usikpa »

Can't register Iron as default browser with this tool either: it launches the browser as it says in Admin Mode, yet when I open the settings page, it fails to open, all I get is a sour face look
1280x1024(54.47 kB)
campbell

Post by campbell »

Please explain if synchronization of extension works in this version or not?!.
I spent many hours trying to transfer my profile from old pc to another.

All without success. :(

After copying the entire contents of the Profile folder or through the Iron_Backup_Config_Portabl tool to the new computer, the browser reports that the settings are damaged and there is not a single extension on the new computer.

Synchronization via google account does not load the extension to a new computer. The ActivateSyncPortable tool does not help load an extension either. I see in chrome: // sync-internals / Extensions 52 , but they are not loaded on the new computer.
I am offered to install 52 extensions manually !!! It's horrible. I tried to change versions and tried again from 65 to 72, without successfully. What am I doing wrong? Please help me with advice on how to upload an extension to a profile on a new PC. :ironvschrome
Milouze

Post by Milouze »

I've been using Iron Portable till now. I am now planning to move to the proper setup (desktop) version.

Could you please let me know which tool to use and how to step by step proceed for this migration ?
Felindril

Post by Felindril »

Hi,
campbell wrote:Please explain if synchronization of extension works in this version or not?!.
I spent many hours trying to transfer my profile from old pc to another.
All without success. :(
Same here, trying to copy a profile from one computer to another (both Win10, running IronPortable 64 bits v73.0.3800.0) with no success. Each time the "new" iron starts, it complains about corrupted data and removes everything except the bookmarks, which is utterly irritating.

We definitely need some help here, please.

What's the point of being "Portable" if it can't be... ported ?

Cheers.
Felindril

Post by Felindril »

K, I guess the answer is here :

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=54860&p=77277&hilit=sync#p77277

We're doomed, then. Great job, Chromium dev team :evil: