Iron Config & Backup Tool

Iron Forum for english speaking people
User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

Iron Config & Backup Tool

Postby SRWare » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:20 pm

Try out the new Iron Config & Backup Tool!

Current Version: 1.32 (Windows)
Current Version: 1.0 (Linux)
Current Version: 1.0 (Mac)

Functions:
- Set Iron as Default Browser for XP up to 10
- Backup and Restore your Iron Profile(s)
- Import Settings from Chrome
- Import your profile data from the Iron Desktop Installation (in Portable)
- UserAgent Switcher
- control privacy.ini

Included in the current setup and zip for Windows, Linux and Mac!
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php


Hotcakes
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:05 am

Re: Iron Config & Backup Tool

Postby Hotcakes » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:54 am

Unfortunately I have still not been successful using this tool to try to get Win10 to register it as default browser. Using this tool, it launches Iron (v47) as Admin but when I go to the Settings to click the 'make Iron default' button, the button does not appear and instead there is text saying Iron is already registered as default browser. This ONLY happens when Iron is started as Admin (otherwise the expected 'make Iron default' button appears) and Win10 does not have an entry to select Chromium as default browser, just Edge.

I hate Edge. :p


REVerdi
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:27 am

Re: Iron Config & Backup Tool

Postby REVerdi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:34 am

"ActivateSyncPortable.exe" worked perfectly. I also did not need to run it as administrator. Disadvantaged, "Iron Backup Config _Portable.exe" requires run as administrator. Then, when I run the "Iron.exe" directly (not as an administrator), my sign in Iron indicates that there is a problem and asks me to login again. Ie "Iron Backup Config _Portable.exe" does not work as well as "ActivateSyncPortable.exe".


User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

Re: Iron Config & Backup Tool

Postby SRWare » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:20 am

REVerdi wrote:"ActivateSyncPortable.exe" worked perfectly. I also did not need to run it as administrator. Disadvantaged, "Iron Backup Config _Portable.exe" requires run as administrator. Then, when I run the "Iron.exe" directly (not as an administrator), my sign in Iron indicates that there is a problem and asks me to login again. Ie "Iron Backup Config _Portable.exe" does not work as well as "ActivateSyncPortable.exe".


You are right, administrator rights for Portable are not needed. We removed this now.
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php


romjean
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:24 pm

Re: Iron Config & Backup Tool

Postby romjean » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:34 pm

Hello there,

I was wondering if this beautiful tool is available for OSX too ?
I have some trouble to sign in Iron (and sync my bookmarks) under OSX Yosemite.

Thanks a lot for your help

RomJean


Hotcakes
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:05 am

Re: Iron Config & Backup Tool

Postby Hotcakes » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:26 am

Hotcakes wrote:Unfortunately I have still not been successful using this tool to try to get Win10 to register it as default browser. Using this tool, it launches Iron (v47) as Admin but when I go to the Settings to click the 'make Iron default' button, the button does not appear and instead there is text saying Iron is already registered as default browser. This ONLY happens when Iron is started as Admin (otherwise the expected 'make Iron default' button appears) and Win10 does not have an entry to select Chromium as default browser, just Edge.

This problem remains in the version of this tool that ships with v48.


romjean
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:24 pm

Re: Iron Config & Backup Tool

Postby romjean » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:10 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the Config&Backup tool for Mac OSX, it works pretty well !

RomJean


RikkyRicardo
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Iron Config & Backup Tool

Postby RikkyRicardo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:58 pm

The backup option doesn't seem to be working for me. It just says "Running..." indefinitely and no backup is saved

Any chance of explaining the Extended Privacy option in layman terms?


qkjones
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:59 pm

Re: Iron Config & Backup Tool

Postby qkjones » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:03 pm

I have searched and searched and can't figure out how to download the Iron Config&Backup tool for Mac OSX!!

Where can I find it?

Currently I am using Iron 48 for OSX and it will not allow me to sign into Iron to save my settings and extensions. Any help would be appreciated.


User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

Re: Iron Config & Backup Tool

Postby SRWare » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:51 pm

qkjones wrote:I have searched and searched and can't figure out how to download the Iron Config&Backup tool for Mac OSX!!

Where can I find it?

Currently I am using Iron 48 for OSX and it will not allow me to sign into Iron to save my settings and extensions. Any help would be appreciated.


The Config&Backup tool for Mac OSX is incluced in the download-zip ;)
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php



Return to “SRWare Iron Support (English)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests