Is using Iron and a VPN an overkill ?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

modelman

Is using Iron and a VPN an overkill ?

Post by modelman »

I started using the Iron browser a couple of days ago and today was offered a lifetime
one off payment of $30 for a VPN premium.
My question is: will the added use of a VPN make my computer any more private ?
Can they be used together ? compatible ? would I need to buy a router for the VPN?
Thanks if anyone can help

Ian
Mayhem

Re: Is using Iron and a VPN an overkill ?

Post by Mayhem »

Hi. I use Iron together with a VPN and it works without problems. Also, if you use a VPN, your router gets bypassed, so it isn't used at all (at least that's what my VPN provider explained to me) .

The most important though is, that you should stay away from offers like that. I can garantuee you, that a lifetime VPN for 30$ is 99% scam. A good VPN costs between 10 and 15€ / month atm., and the service they provide is worth that much money. Inform yourself about VPN's some more, there are sites, that i. e. list what a provider logs (i. e. the biggest provider of all, HideMyAss loggs parts of information about you, other providers that don't log, or only log the most important information that cannot be related to under any terms like i. e. hide.me usually cost more) . This doesn't make you 100% anonymous though, governments can still force any firm to give them your data (which they'll do, unless there isn't any ;) ) , i. e. in the case of suspected terrorism or similar. One site wrote "if you are fleeing from a government, a VPN only won't help you, then you need to use TOR" .

Hth.
bradhaddin81

Re: Is using Iron and a VPN an overkill ?

Post by bradhaddin81 »

I have seen many discussion in which people are taking about Ivacy vpn torrenting. Some persons tell that it works and it is effective as well.

Let me know if you have any information.

Thanks.