SW Iron and CCleaner

Iron Forum for english speaking people

sunclad

SW Iron and CCleaner

Post by sunclad »

38.0.2050.0 Stable for Windows
Windows 8.0 and Windows 8.1 both
CCleaner cleaning program

For several versions of SWI and CCleaner I have found that Iron remains idling in the background even though the program has been quit. I do not have any of the Iron/Chrome background tasks enabled.

When attempting to run CCleaner to eliminate old cache files and temp files, it stops when it gets to "chrome" (meaning Iron) and asks if I also want to clean its cache because it sees the program as still running. I check off "yes." it then attempts to clean the cache but cannot. it then offers to force quit the chrome/Iron program. I click yes and it force-quits iron then continues.

This has been going on for the last few versions of Iron.

Has any fix for this been found as yet?

I have seen this over the last few versions of SW Iron and across both Windows 8 and windows 8.1 operating systems, as well as several versions of CCleaner, so this is a very reproduce-able situation.

It is clear that chrome/SW Iron is left idling on the system using resources even though no background operations are checked to be running.

Of some interest... this does not happen all the time. I've yet to find a condition that leaves Iron running in the background but it may have something to do with media such as YouTube or similar, and a lot of web sites have this these days.

Suggestions?

Sunclad