New Iron-Version: 38.0.2050.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

bugman

Re: New Iron-Version: 38.0.2050.0 Stable for Windows

Post by bugman »

One last thing as well. You may need to use the following useragent with netflix in order to get it working with the extension here
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... o?hl=en-US

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.27 Safari/537.36

For some reason extensions with the included WOW64 flag default to netflix forcing the WidevineCDM plugin.
I did send netflix a message about this however. I hope they look into it.

I also tried to get the filter options to work in that extension exclusively with netflix but for some reason i couldn't. I wonder if someone else could test to check if it works and post if or not they are using Iron 64bit or Iron 32bit version or what not.

One other thing i noticed as well. You guys need to be careful if you try to use the latest Flash NPAPI plugin at the same time on two different browsers because it can cause screen resolution instability and bring your system to a screeching halt. Still doing some research on this though... Time will tell.
Hugo z Hor

Post by Hugo z Hor »

bugman wrote:One other thing i noticed as well. You guys need to be careful if you try to use the latest Flash NPAPI plugin at the same time on two different browsers because it can cause screen resolution instability and bring your system to a screeching halt. Still doing some research on this though... Time will tell.
Same with PPAPI Flash. There are probably some memory leaks, after some time during playing facebook flash games my RAMs are totally filled (Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, 4 GB RAM).Good old Iron 30 and latest Opera (with PPAPI flash) are OK.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bugman

Post by bugman »

So i did a little more digging on the WidevineCDM plugin and it seems like in order to get it to display iron would need to be rebuilt with some additional flags

ffmpeg_branding='Chrome' and proprietary_codecs=1

There is a google code bug page that goes into more detail about this here https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issu ... &id=429452

However im not sure if at some point iron would need to be forked but seeing how NACLI is currently out of package right now this might be something to consider. I'll continue to research the finer points of this and post more outlined thoughts when i get a chance. Also not sure if these flags are platform dependent or whatnot. Time will tell i guess.
AuditoreDaFirenze

Post by AuditoreDaFirenze »

Hi, can someone help me? I did installed for the first time Iron 64 bits but for some reason some websites are saying Iron x64 doesn't has Flash installed and I need to install the plugin, like Speedtest and YouTube. Why it's happening?

The strange is that I'm actually watching YT videos normally, so this means there are Flash in Iron, right? What's happening, guys?

Thanks.
AuditoreDaFirenze

Post by AuditoreDaFirenze »

I just did discovery that Iron x64 DOESN'T has Flash plugin installed. WTF?! :o :o :o

It's normal in the x64 version? The worst is when I enter in Flash webpage it says that I already have plugin installed but it's just disabled. Well, it's not disabled, it not exist that's it. This happened with someone too?
zeon

Post by zeon »

AuditoreDaFirenze wrote:I just did discovery that Iron x64 DOESN'T has Flash plugin installed. WTF?! :o :o :o
http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 429#p23429
Dingy

Post by Dingy »

Rad wrote:Hi. I used to get the incompatible version message on Google Docs, but now it's actually not loading them anymore (well, more accurately it does, for a few seconds, and then BAM, "Aw, Snap!" screen. This is extremely critical and deliberating for lots of people, as Google Docs are one of the main tools of various online companies/services providers. I wonder how it could have slipped by! I really hope you can fix this ASAP.
I experience the same problem with this new 38.0.2050.0 fresh downloaded version. But it is not only with Google docs. There are manu sites that can't be opened.
Take for example www.weeronline.nl. Three clicks for the right wetter sport and Iron is crashed( The Aw Snap message) Reload only works for a couple of seconds....
bsol

Post by bsol »

I'm experiencing a couple of problems with Iron 38.0.2050.0. I have now uninstalled Iron 38 and reinstalled Iron 36.

(1) Increased Zoom Level
The entire Iron 38 browser appears to be set at an increased zoom level. The address/search field is larger and the text inside it is larger, and the tabs above the browser frame appear larger. But the main problem is the browser window itself: it displays web content and web fonts substantially larger than other browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, etc.). This is a problem if you are using Iron as a web developer because any content you view in Iron will be larger than it is in other browsers, which makes it impossible to know if you have designed and sized your web page content properly. Why is the built-in zoom level in Iron 38 larger than the zoom level in the latest version of Google Chrome?

(2) Settings Page Replaces Current Page
In prior versions of Iron (and in the current version of Chrome), when you open the Settings page, it opens a NEW tab; and when you close the Settings window, you are returned to your prior web browser window or tab. In Iron 38, for some reason, clicking on the Settings link takes you immediately to the Settings page and replaces your current window/tab. When you then close the Settings window, you have to re-open your browser to get back to where you were before. Completely unnecessary problem, and is a new problem in Iron 38 that does not exist in Chrome. (Maybe others are not experiencing this...I don't know. At least this is how it behaved on my Windows 7 system.)

As a result of the above problems, I have uninstalled Iron 38 and reinstalled Iron 36, which appears to be performing better.
RazerAnansi

Post by RazerAnansi »

Switching to Chrome until all these issues get worked out. At least I can get Vine working on Chrome. And yes I did all the disabling of hardware etc, in settings. Very frustrating. Just making some adjustments in Privacy settings in Chrome.
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Q6600
Asus P5N-D
4GB-OCZ-DDR2
XFX R9 270X
bugman

Post by bugman »

Anyone else also having issues posting comments and replies on youtube videos ?