Iron Forum for english speaking people

movrshakr

So tired of constant flash crashes

Post by movrshakr »

Subject says it all.
TimeCode

Re: So tired of constant flash crashes

Post by TimeCode »

I agree! It's been happening on the last 2 or 3 versions and it's driving me insane.

I love Iron. It's usually a great browser but with 37.0.200 I can't use Google Docs for work. Please fix this so I don't have to switch back to Chrome.
SR200

Post by SR200 »

yes i started getting this problem it very annoying i also would rather not use another browser but i need flash.
Thie____

Post by Thie____ »

+1

Even thought the last update, uninistall, etc... :(
ebrownor

Post by ebrownor »

What has worked for me is to disable Disconnect (Whitelist) for any site where Flash crashes in Iron. Hope this helps.
fyldepicker

Post by fyldepicker »

Is this the same thing as the "Aw...something snapped" or similar? It is a common feature for me now, even in the newest v.38, and it's driving me back to Mozilla. Can there be any fix???? I'm not sure how ebrownor is disconnecting...this seems pretty intensive.

Help!
ebrownor

Post by ebrownor »

To deactivate Disconnect, click on the D in the upper right by the search / url bar. Click on 'Whitelist Site'when the small box opens. Shockwave will work.
bugman

Post by bugman »

This makes things incredibly insecure though. I hope the devs can nail down the flash crashes soon.
jackscagnetti1

Post by jackscagnetti1 »

I think i figured it out so far so good. Chrome has its own flash. So when u install flash they conflict.

To fix go to plugin's and disable adobe flash.

chrome:plugins

disable Adobe Flash Player

:D
markaz

Post by markaz »

TimeCode wrote:I agree! It's been happening on the last 2 or 3 versions and it's driving me insane.

I love Iron. It's usually a great browser but with 37.0.200 I can't use Google Docs for work. Please fix this so I don't have to switch back to Chrome.
If you like Iron so much why go back to Chrome? Just to have the latest/current version? And what is the importance of having it? Simply uninstall whatever version is giving you the problem and re-install the last version that worked well for you. Chrome isn't the solution and neither is the aggravation. Remember, it's Chrome that is creating these updated versions and then Iron following suit. I doubt the difference between v. 33 and v. 37 is so great that you MUST have the latest version. General rule of thumb.....If your version of Iron is working very well, DO NOT update until checking forums like this to make sure that all of the bugs have been taken care of on the newer versions.