Error Iron isn't your default browser

Iron Forum for english speaking people

DavidBowers

Error Iron isn't your default browser

Post by DavidBowers »

I'm using SRWare Iron version 118.0.6000.0 on Windows 10 and I have a problem with the new tab page. Every time I open a new tab, I see a message saying "Iron isn't your default browser" and a button to make it default. However, Iron is already my default browser and I don't want to see this message every time. How can I disable or remove this message from the new tab page? I have already tried to disable the search box on the new tab page by extracting the file NewTab without Search.zip to the Iron folder, but it didn't work. Is there any other way to fix this issue?
mindacroskey

Re: Error Iron isn't your default browser

Post by mindacroskey »

I am having the same issue. Did you find the solution?
mindacroskey

Re: Error Iron isn't your default browser

Post by mindacroskey »

DavidBowers wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:00 am I'm using SRWare Iron version 118.0.6000.0 on Windows 10 and I have a problem with the new tab page. Every time I open a new tab, I see a message saying "Iron isn't your default browser" and a button to make it default. However, Iron is already my default browser and I don't want to see this message every time. How can I disable or remove this message from the new tab page? I have already tried to disable the search box on the new tab page by extracting the file NewTab without Search.zip to the Iron folder, but it didn't work. Is there any other way to fix this issue? minecraftle game
I found the solution. To disable or remove the "Iron isn't your default browser" message from the new tab page in SRWare Iron, you can try the following steps:

1. Open SRWare Iron and type chrome://flags in the address bar.
2. Press Enter to access the Chrome flags page.
3. In the search box on the flags page, type "DefaultBrowserSettingEnabled" (without quotes).
4. Locate the "DefaultBrowserSettingEnabled" flag, which should be highlighted.
5. Click on the drop-down menu next to the flag and select "Disabled."
6. Relaunch SRWare Iron by clicking on the "Relaunch" button that appears at the bottom of the flags page.
After relaunching Iron, the "Iron isn't your default browser" message should no longer appear on the new tab page.