"using a browser that we no longer support" when logging into Bank

Iron Forum for english speaking people

ou812

"using a browser that we no longer support" when logging into Bank

Post by ou812 »

Tried logging into my online bank, Wells Fargo, and I get the message "We noticed you’re using a browser that we no longer support." I just noticed it last week, Oct 21st. I down rev'ed from v93.0.4750.0 to v91.0.4650.0 (which was working). I did not perform an uninstall and reinstall, I performed an install of down rev'ed versions overtop of the current version. I cleaned my cache and deleted cookies but still will not login. My other banks work so it must be Wells Fargo. The site say's it works with Google Chrome Version 66 or higher. Why would Iron be identified as a not supported browser since it is running on chrome. Is there an identifier in Iron that their browser check is looking for?
meltcow

Re: "using a browser that we no longer support" when logging into Bank

Post by meltcow »

I had the same issue lately. I upgraded to latest Iron version, and now Iron crashes incessantly, I can't even use it for two straight minutes before it gives up.
Mannard

Post by Mannard »

Try using a custom User-Agent or use a UA switcher addon extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... pkjnoahfmg
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Mannard wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:29 pm Try using a custom User-Agent or use a UA switcher addon extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... pkjnoahfmg
Thank you, I used the user-agent-switcher as you mention. From the following threads I also added the "user-agent string" into the "permanent spoof list" and it works great. I can now log into yahoo mail and my online banking. Now I only have to use the user-agent string for Yahoo mail and the other sites load as normal - Default

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=62307
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=62519