freeze

Iron Forum for english speaking people

johnvarley

freeze

Post by johnvarley »

Today. Loading Iron,Ad-block suddenly crashes and Iron freezed.Reinstalling does not work.(windows 10)
Abrax87

Re: freeze

Post by Abrax87 »

johnvarley wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:20 pm Today. Loading Iron, Ad-block suddenly crashes and Iron freezed. Reinstalling does not work.(windows 10)
The extension 'Ad-block' gave me some troubles too in the past, but there is an alternative called 'uBlock Origin' in the Google appstore: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... phjbkeiagm

Can you download the 'portable' Iron version, unpack it in a directory where you want to use it, then get uBlock installed and test it carefully? You can first import your 'user' files by copying these from the old installation, see here: viewtopic.php?p=87662#p87662

Either use the "Iron Config and Backup Tool": viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8767
...or pick the folders from the 'user' subdirectories mentioned, and place them inside the folder 'Profile' under the 'Iron' folder of the portable version manually. This way you got bookmarks and history added.
Then get uBlock and other plugins you like to use, and test them for a while, to see they are working as expected.

Perhaps you like to switch to the portable Iron version for good?
PippaSutherland

Re: freeze

Post by PippaSutherland »

Hi, you know what I'll tell you, the other day I was downloading Iron I had Windows crash ..... how can you explain it, nothing foretold trouble before that !!! :(