Sync HowTo/Alternatives

Iron Forum for english speaking people

distrip

Re: Sync HowTo/Alternatives

Post by distrip »

That worked, joining "Google browser sign-in test account" immediately resulted in sync starting to work.

But could someone explain why exactly that works? Is some information sent somewhere because of this joining? Is this completely safe (joining and continuing using Iron and its sync)?
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

distrip wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:03 pm That worked, joining "Google browser sign-in test account" immediately resulted in sync starting to work.

But could someone explain why exactly that works? Is some information sent somewhere because of this joining? Is this completely safe (joining and continuing using Iron and its sync)?
This is necessarily because Google planed to cut off sync access of 3rd party browsers completely at first, but then established this procedure as some kind of compromise solution.

The sync process is not more or less safe than before. No servers were changed. Joining the group is just an authorization of the mail address
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
bwims

Post by bwims »

Hi,

I followed the instructions and joined the Google browser sign-in test account but I still cannot sync my passwords between my desktop and laptop. I have looked at the settings side by side, same version of Iron on both, all the autofill settings are the same, but no joy.

The laptop version does not even offer to save passwords when I log in to a new account, even though the setting to do so is on, so maybe there is a more fundamental problem?

thanks!

B.
st1m_bl

Post by st1m_bl »

hello, after years of using iron on PC i get this for my android and first trouble is sync 91.0.4650.0 for Android with Google.
I know steps for joining group, but its does not helps. My way:
  • Turn on sync: default google browser and other see my data
  • Download last stable Iron browse from forum
  • Open Iron, went to this topic for group link,
  • Went Iron bookmarks and see buttom "Log in for your bookmarks"
  • Open this and cant add account "Account already added" ( because step 1)
So, i tryed to leave group, join from device; delete account from device; from Iron and join again.. its all not works and i don't know how to resolve this. If android dont support sync with iron tell me and good idea to write about them in header