Improper Display of Yahoo Mail

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Tech2k

Improper Display of Yahoo Mail

Post by Tech2k »

Hi
I found SRWare Iron browser after trying just about every browser available and was happy until I tried to get my mail on Yahoo and found the site did NOT display correctly and I couldn't access many of the available features.
After much head scratching, I found that by changing the User Agent string, Yahoo worked as it should.
I installed "User Agent Switcher" and I added this string to the Chrome strings.
"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/78.0.3904.108 Safari/537.36". Without the quotes of course.
Works on all sites I've checked and the most important one for my Yahoo Email.

If you are having trouble with Gmail, I read many people are, you might try this fix. I don't use Gmail so I don't know for sure.

Cheers to All
fixitmanarizona

Re: Improper Display of Yahoo Mail

Post by fixitmanarizona »

Worked for me, too. But i had to use the Firefox 33 spoof on *ubuntu 20.04 Linux.
Also, in the User Agent switch tool mentioned, you can set "exceptions" so you're only using the script on certain pages/sites (in this case, mail.yahoo.com only) If you do it that way all other pages render in default, and only yahoo mail renders in the spoofed user agent, and you don't have to set it each time you go there.
Tech2k

Re: Improper Display of Yahoo Mail

Post by Tech2k »

I'm glad it helped someone else.
Thanks for the tip on using the "Permanent Spoof List", as it's called in the version of UA Spoofer that I'm using.
I used that function and it works as expected.
I didn't find any sites that the spoof didn't work correctly on but it's good to know about the feature and use the tools.