Tabs not reopening after close/crash

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Childe_Roland

Tabs not reopening after close/crash

Post by Childe_Roland »

I had what looks like a crash (the browser appears to have closed spontaneously) and now, even though it's set to "continue where you left off" under the "on startup" section in settings, it just goes to the new tab page every time I reopen Iron. How do I fix this?
Childe_Roland

Re: Tabs not reopening after close/crash

Post by Childe_Roland »

Update: Trying to change the "On startup" settings and then restart and change them back does not fix the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Childe_Roland

Re: Tabs not reopening after close/crash

Post by Childe_Roland »

Further update: Fixed. Turns out the "crash" was an entire session disappearing with no way to access it, while still being active in the background. As a result it wasn't registering my sessions as having closed properly. Fortunately Iron syncs with Chrome so my smartphone revealed that I had several tabs open twice. I decided to make sure to kill every Iron process with Task Manager and afterward reopened it and it works again.

Has anyone ever heard of an Iron session disappearing from the task bar and desktop while still being open?

Also, why can't I edit posts here? Edit: Why can I edit this post but not the one before it? I know that some forums don't allow editing a topic post, but it doesn't make sense that a non-topic post wouldn't be editable.