New Iron-Version: 80.0.4150.1 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Builder

Re: New Iron-Version: 80.0.4150.1 Stable for Windows

Post by Builder »

I have two Windows 10 Pro PCs, almost identical. I have no trouble with one but with the other I can't sign in to Iron or Google Gmail. On the latter one I have no problem signing in to Gmail or another browser (Brave). It was not a problem with version 79. Now it is a problem with every version of Iron I install, even after a total removal of the old ones.
Builder

Post by Builder »

I found it necessary to create a new ID in Windows 10. The new identity allows me to sign in to Gmail and Google services.
Zeed

Post by Zeed »

I'm using a much older version of Iron still because I'm afraid to lose uBlock Origin.

Does uBlock Origin still work in the latest versions?
Dstrifer

Post by Dstrifer »

I have problem with XKIT for Tumbler. It asks to update chrome. please fix this problem.
thanks

error
"Ваш браузер не поддерживается, поэтому что-то может работать не так, как задумано. Используйте последнюю версию Chrome, Firefox, Safari или Edge."
Andavari

Post by Andavari »

Zeed wrote:I'm using a much older version of Iron still because I'm afraid to lose uBlock Origin.

Does uBlock Origin still work in the latest versions?
I'm using uBlock Origin v1.26.0 (released 3 April 2020) with no issues - although I compile it myself from the downloaded ZIP available at (https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases).
Zeed

Post by Zeed »

Andavari wrote:I'm using uBlock Origin v1.26.0 (released 3 April 2020) with no issues - although I compile it myself from the downloaded ZIP available at (https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases).
Does this mean that Manifest 3.0 thing never happened or uBO found a way around it?
awrs22

Post by awrs22 »

Does this mean that Manifest 3.0 thing never happened or uBO found a way around it?
Manifest V3 has not been deployed to standard chrome yet. It is beeing tested in chrome canary (kind of chrome beta).
Also, the problem with ad blockers is not the introduction of V3 but the deprecation of V2. You can see some release or end of line dates here:
https://developer.chrome.com/extensions ... anifest_v3
Keep an eye on that page and you'll check the development phase. Google announced that they would implement changes on the original draft based on addons' developers' feedback. Once V3 is released we will hear from uBlock Origin and others for sure. Maybe time to switch to other browser or to check if the alternatives of chrome (chrome code based browsers like Iron) are able to get rid of the code section that involves Manifest V3.

In the meantime you can safely install Iron's latest version and uBO will be completely functional.
goglefreebrosing

Post by goglefreebrosing »

just fyi, I noticed the executable for Iron Portatable 64 (IronPortable.exe) is signed with a key that is expired.
It appears to be valid from 09/14/2017/-09/14/2018
Andavari

Post by Andavari »

It has two certificates, which is odd or even strange.

1. The traditional way of looking at the certificate (at least it's what I normally do):
When in the dialog box "Digital Signature Details" and when clicking "View Certificate" it shows an expired Comodo certificate, so it indeed looks like it's expired.

2. In the same dialog box "Digital Signature Details" if you instead click near the bottom "Details", and then click "View Certificate" it has a valid Symantec certificate until 12-29-2020. Which is possibly why Windows 10 doesn't state the certificate is expired.

Good find nonetheless!
wphil

Post by wphil »

Just installed.

Had the problem with viewing pdf files (sad face) and downloads page (Awe snap!).

Reinstalled without changing resources.pak for new tab page and is fine.

Surprised this hasn't been fixed since reported over a month ago. I hope there is no illness.

Otherwise seems to work fine.