New Iron-Version: 16.0.950.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

DaveIron

Re: New Iron-Version: 16.0.950.0 Stable for Windows

Post by DaveIron »

megaman wrote: So, we have to learn German just to understand the English section? Forums can tweak languages for sections, they should do that for the English one. I believe that we do not have to be logged in to see the English section's layout in English.
Doesn't Iron have a translator? ;)
farat_as

Post by farat_as »

Google Chrome has a user tracking mechanism which SRWare Iron does not have it. Can somebody tell me if this user tracking mechanism exist on Chromium Browser?

Thanks in advance...
mapx

Post by mapx »

Chromium
While Chromium is the parent project of Google Chrome, there are some key differences that set the two apart. Chromium, unlike the pre-release versions of Chrome, is updated almost every day, but does not include the built-in Flash Player (it has to be downloaded separately) and Google Auto-updater found in Chrome. Chromium also has a less restrictive end user license than the compiled builds of Chrome, and does not implement user RLZ tracking, a privacy concern

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chr ... e_tracking
megaman

Post by megaman »

DaveIron wrote:
megaman wrote: So, we have to learn German just to understand the English section? Forums can tweak languages for sections, they should do that for the English one. I believe that we do not have to be logged in to see the English section's layout in English.
We have to translate the English section just to understand the German parts, when it should be English?
That would not be correct, then the whole place should be a German section with English speakers just posting their messages in English.
Also, the problem is that it becomes English when we log in, so why is it not English in the first place? (Users should not have to login just to see the entire section in English)
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

megaman wrote:
DaveIron wrote:
We have to translate the English section just to understand the German parts, when it should be English?
Default is already set to english.
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
JustMe

Post by JustMe »

@ Megaman

On my side the default is already set to English for the English forum, even when I am not signed in.

I wonder what could interfere on your side....
megaman

Post by megaman »

JustMe wrote:@ Megaman

On my side the default is already set to English for the English forum, even when I am not signed in.

I wonder what could interfere on your side....
Yes, SRWare just set it to English about an hour or 2 ago.
I did see it in English, without logging in, before your post, though. :)

Awaiting for the 17, no problems on my end with the 16.0.950.0. so far.