New Iron-Version: 69.0.3600.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

RazerAnansi

Re: New Iron-Version: 69.0.3600.0 Stable for Windows

Post by RazerAnansi »

I've been running Iron for several years. I startup with my homepage being speed Dial. I've installed other browsers over the years and have always come back to SRWare Iron. One thing I have noticed with other browsers in general is their speed. Most recently Vivaldi. I have no plans on switching browsers as I'm very loyal to Iron and appreciate the continued development. I do hope in the future we can see a faster and more responsive iron. I do appreciate the simplicity without all the clutter and confusion that I see so much with other browsers. Keep up the fantastic work.
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Q6600
Asus P5N-D
4GB-OCZ-DDR2
XFX R9 270X
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

RazerAnansi wrote:I've been running Iron for several years. I startup with my homepage being speed Dial. I've installed other browsers over the years and have always come back to SRWare Iron. One thing I have noticed with other browsers in general is their speed. Most recently Vivaldi. I have no plans on switching browsers as I'm very loyal to Iron and appreciate the continued development. I do hope in the future we can see a faster and more responsive iron. I do appreciate the simplicity without all the clutter and confusion that I see so much with other browsers. Keep up the fantastic work.
Speed has also to do with how many extensions are installed and how big history, cache etc has grown
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
teddyher95

Post by teddyher95 »

can't download installer 64bit version ?
Daftarkiu | Judi Terbaik Asia
DaiyuHurst

Post by DaiyuHurst »

Ugly new flat Safari-esque look.

Bring back the original look. I don't want to have to install windowblinds to fix look.
RazerAnansi

Post by RazerAnansi »

SRWare wrote:
RazerAnansi wrote:I've been running Iron for several years. I startup with my homepage being speed Dial. I've installed other browsers over the years and have always come back to SRWare Iron. One thing I have noticed with other browsers in general is their speed. Most recently Vivaldi. I have no plans on switching browsers as I'm very loyal to Iron and appreciate the continued development. I do hope in the future we can see a faster and more responsive iron. I do appreciate the simplicity without all the clutter and confusion that I see so much with other browsers. Keep up the fantastic work.
Speed has also to do with how many extensions are installed and how big history, cache etc has grown
I uninstalled AdBlock, Click&Clean and WebRTC and my browser speed easily doubled. Thanks.
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Q6600
Asus P5N-D
4GB-OCZ-DDR2
XFX R9 270X
Nietes

Post by Nietes »

I uninstalled AdBlock, Click&Clean and WebRTC and my browser speed easily doubled. Thanks.
Faster desktop or laptop works too
Shenzhou

Post by Shenzhou »

Hi, is it possible to have the same or a similar inbuilt torrent client and media grabber found in Torchbrowser for SKWare Iron Browser. Was using Torch until they decided to impose a homepage that you can't disable or change. Still there are times I will use it when I need to download a youtube or vid from a site or download torrent file. Torch can download both the video and extract a copy of audio in aac format which I find very handy and time saving.
The_Sage

Post by The_Sage »

There are TWO major flaws in this release of Iron, one is with auto insert from 1 password and I suspect from other password vaults, it worked in previous versions but not in the last 2 releases. A work arround is copy and paste, but a great deal less secure. The other is with PayPal, it thinks (detects) that version 69 is an old browser, this is a major thing for me as I have been using Iron for a few years now and am loath to have to use another to use PayPal. Has anyone else had these issues? Can they be fixed? If not I shal have to seek an alternative secure browser than Iron, which I and any others with this problem also will not want.
awrs22

Post by awrs22 »

The_Sage wrote:The other is with PayPal, it thinks (detects) that version 69 is an old browser
You may try to spoof the user-agent string. Not guaranteed to work, but you may try.
Easier with this extension, "User-Agent Switcher for Chrome" or find a similar one.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... pkjnoahfmg
Alan_SP

Post by Alan_SP »

Strange problem.

Spell checking stopped working within Iron. In settings I get message that spell check dictionary download failed, to check firewall. Even with disabled firewall download fails.

Also interesting is that I have dictionary within dictionary folder (c:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron\Dictionaries), but for some reason Iron doesn't accepts it.

On previous version everything worked, I just did upgrade. Any ideas