New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

w33d3r

Re: New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Windows

Post by w33d3r »

@ Gabigab - Grab the new version and install it. Simple as that. It overwrites the previous files.

There is no auto-update feature as there is in googles chrome, but each version of iron is taken from development versions of chrome which are ahead of the google chrome stable versions.

@ SRWare - If I go to chrome://plugins/ there is a plugin installed called Remoting Viewer.

I have disabled it for now but ..

I do not install plugins, and do not wish to have plugins complicating the browser, so wonder if this is part of Irons installer, and if so, what does it do?
gabigab

Post by gabigab »

Thanks, and Iron is updates often ?
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

On average (I have not watched closely how often) I would say every couple of month, sometimes quicker.

SRWare has not got the programming team the size of google to keep up with every version that the chromium developers churn out. And then he has to strip out all the google privacy invading features and ensure its all stable.

But I have seen updates within a week or two, especially when an exploit is found in the wild which can take advantage of something the chromium developers quickly have to respond to, SRWare usually gets on the case of updating because of security risks pretty quickly.
guma77

Post by guma77 »

nev stable ver. Google Chrome 14.0.835.202
when nev ver. iron boss :ugeek:
dakidski

Post by dakidski »

I'm struggling a bit with this version. It keeps hanging. I tried killing iron.exe in the Windows 7 taskmanager, but it won't die. When I restart it, I get the following message: "Your profile could not be opened correctly. Some features may be unavailable. Please check that the profile exists and you have persmission to read and write its contents."

Then, strangely, the system blocks internet access for other browsers like FF, which delivers the following message: "Content Encoding Error. The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression." (When trying to reach facebook.com)

In the end, I have to reboot for everything to work again. I suspect 'profiles' (Google profiles, I reckon) are the source of the problem. I did try the trick, where you rename the 'Default' folder.
StalkerNOVA

Post by StalkerNOVA »

Please update the build number somehow to make it clear for users when their version needs an update. Also it whould be nice to have a portable version without Profile folder and launcher will make it if there is no such folder from previous version (or optionaly will launch the updater for the settings when their format is outdated)
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

I have the following problem: after some time Iron no longer opens and loads the pages, when i open a new tab and try to load google.com (as example) nothing happens, only the white background. After reinstalling the browser the problem disappears for a while and after some time it begins again.

Why what is happening and how to fix it?
errorsys

Post by errorsys »

Hi,
where can I find old versions of Iron ?
Current version (14.0.850.0) sometimes hangs. I never had this problem with the previous version.
throkr

Post by throkr »

Hello everybody,

I installed Iron a few days ago on Win 7 SP1 x64 and, up to now, everything is working smoothly; all the extensions I'm interested in are working perfectly too (including LastPass).

One information concerning the french and spanish downloadpages : however the downloaded files are the latest versions, both pages are still showing "version 13.0.800.1" which is kind of confusing ...
'Thougt it would be worth mentioning ... ;)

Keep up with the excellent work !
07U

Post by 07U »

errorsys wrote: Current version (14.0.850.0) sometimes hangs. I never had this problem with the previous version.
me too, little unresponsive/long delaying then 'stuck' on 'heavy sites' (like twitter, etc) but very fast on others 'standard sites'

waiting next version