New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people
accubuff
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:04 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Windows

Postby accubuff » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:02 pm

07U wrote:
errorsys wrote:Current version (14.0.850.0) sometimes hangs. I never had this problem with the previous version.


me too, little unresponsive/long delaying then 'stuck' on 'heavy sites' (like twitter, etc) but very fast on others 'standard sites'

waiting next version


I have not yet installed the new version, and I need to say this: SRWare Iron v13.0.800.1 Build 98000 is a VERY slow AND unstable internet browser compared to the competition, and here is why: If you open up more then about 5 tabs then this browser not only eats memory like crazy, but over time it also "leaks" memory like crazy.

What this in practice means is that the browser might seem to work ok, but it uses up far too much memory. After 10 minutes and more there is already a massive memory leak, and things slow down. This internet browser is also VERY prone to crashing - many times the browser do not save the last session tabs as well - even after a regular closedown. So what's this message at startup: "You did not close it down properly, would you like to open the last session......thing?" What it means is that you really only have ONE time limited chance to restore the last session tabs, NOT at all what I would call a safe and sound internet browser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far I ONLY use this browser because the functions are basic and simple. That's ALL. There is NOTHING = NOT ONE THING that can in any way be regarded as advanced, secure or stable with this internet browser. One tiny and SIMPLE thing: Be able to drag a link, highlighted word to search for it into a new tab, and more is missing. Shall I mention a help-file - where is it?

Dragging into a new tab functionality is TOTALLY missing and you people are still working out 30+ "security errors" from one build to the next??????!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know WHEN you have functions that are worth using, and I will be able to start thinking about wasting time. I am Norwegian and we have Opera v11.51 here. What do you have?

SRWare Iron is NOT anywhere close to being a first class internet browser in it's current status. Again - there is not yet ONE function with this SRWare Iron that is stable or safe. I will conclude this message to the developer: Why do you not yet have a stable bookmarking function? Every time I try to export save a backup html-file, YOUR program freeze up and I have to kill it. Is this "function" on purpose: to sabotash safety?

Thank you for your attention and to-the-point reply for us all - the users.

:ironvsopera = NOT true


w33d3r
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Windows

Postby w33d3r » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:53 am

Yes I agree, after using it for a while now it does seem a bit slow compared with the last version.

HTTPS sites are slow to load too. Reverting to last version would probably be a bad idea though considering the security fixes which have been applied since ... so I guess we are in limbo until the next version comes along.

And still stuck with a mysterious plugin (Remoting Viewer) and no answers. :(


07U
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:43 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Windows

Postby 07U » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:08 am

accubuff wrote:I am Norwegian and we have Opera v11.51 here. What do you have?

SRWare Iron is NOT anywhere close to being a first class internet browser in it's current status. Again - there is not yet ONE function with this SRWare Iron that is stable or safe. I will conclude this message to the developer: Why do you not yet have a stable bookmarking function? Every time I try to export save a backup html-file, YOUR program freeze up and I have to kill it. Is this "function" on purpose: to sabotash safety?

Thank you for your attention and to-the-point reply for us all - the users.

:ironvsopera = NOT true


iron is open source, opera is close source (very big gap)
can you make opera open source?

i am opera user too, so far opera 11.51 not really fast on www/internet world, sometimes failed too and also cannot compromizing/customizing with 'custom user-agent' (but you can edit with hex editor on opera.dll)

:ironvsopera = true

w33d3r wrote:Yes I agree, after using it for a while now it does seem a bit slow compared with the last version.

HTTPS sites are slow to load too. Reverting to last version would probably be a bad idea though considering the security fixes which have been applied since ... so I guess we are in limbo until the next version comes along.

And still stuck with a mysterious plugin (Remoting Viewer) and no answers. :(


regression impact? maybe yes, cause Google Chrome/chromium core too


guma77
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: PL

Re: New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Windows

Postby guma77 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:08 pm

boss when nev ver. irone? ;)

hi


gdunc
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:47 am
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re: New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Windows

Postby gdunc » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:14 am

Some pages refuse to load correctly when using Iron 14.0.850.0 for Windows in Windows 7. Case in point - http://microsoft.com. Is this just me??

10-15-2011 8-10-39 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


palesaint
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Windows

Postby palesaint » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:09 pm

when i put the fanboy's adblock.ini file in the iron folder and replaced the original one,the browser crashed after it restarted.get mad by this problem,could anyone help?thx a lot.
Image
:ironvsff :ironvschrome


bulek

Re: New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Windows

Postby bulek » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:02 pm

accubuff wrote:Let me know WHEN you have functions that are worth using, and I will be able to start thinking about wasting time. I am Norwegian and we have Opera v11.51 here. What do you have?

Hilarious post :). You are barking at the wrong dog Mr "we have Opera". SRWare just take a car, they tune it and they give it to you. They are not a car makers. But... it was really funny to read your whining... you made my day :). Read about Chromium/Chrome/Iron first and then go bark at someone else.


pepe0001
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:13 am

Re: New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Windows

Postby pepe0001 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:35 pm

I've noticed a reduction in speed after upgrading recently. IE gets the job done faster at the moment. Perhaps it's one of the Chrome extensions I have installed.


gever
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:08 pm

Re: New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Windows

Postby gever » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:42 am

Well,

Being ungrateful and talking like anyone owns you something is really crude.
SRWare DOES NOT work for you.
SRWare DOES NOT charge you money.
SRWare DOES NOT owe you anything!

SRWare does AMAZING job taking a privacy eater browser and turning it into blazing fast, privacy-aware browser.
I adore their work and vision!

If you have any problems, there is a proper way to say it!
BTW, none of the problems u guys mentioned happened to me.
Using XP SP3, and each upgrade brings better stability/performance.
It must be an extension or compatibility issue.


megaman
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:57 am
Location: H-town
Contact:

Re: New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Windows

Postby megaman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:26 pm

gever wrote:Well,

Being ungrateful and talking like anyone owns you something is really crude.
SRWare DOES NOT work for you.
SRWare DOES NOT charge you money.
SRWare DOES NOT owe you anything!

SRWare does AMAZING job taking a privacy eater browser and turning it into blazing fast, privacy-aware browser.
I adore their work and vision!

If you have any problems, there is a proper way to say it!
BTW, none of the problems u guys mentioned happened to me.
Using XP SP3, and each upgrade brings better stability/performance.
It must be an extension or compatibility issue.

Better said than what I would want to say.
Even I came across problems, so it's a question on the computer, probably corrupt download, antivirus blocking something, etc. Everyone has different setups for their computer and some don't know what Junk File/Registry Clean means, so they are doomed to come across problems. If you reply that you don't have any problems, it doesn't help solve the problems of the ones that do, but it's good that you don't any. With my problems I couldn't install extensions, and compatibility doesn't mean much, since older versions didn't come across the problem.
Nvm: Must've been the portable to blame. It worked on the installed version, but had to refresh. :shock:



Return to “SRWare Iron Support (English)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests