Modifications and features I'd like 2 see in future releases

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Freshlemon

Modifications and features I'd like 2 see in future releases

Post by Freshlemon »

Hello Iron team,

first of all I want to thank you for this absolutely amazing web browser of yours. It beats any other browser I've ever used (and I've used quite many).
Here are some tips of what I'd like to see (to be added or changed) in future releases:
  • Firstly, when you have one tab pinned (for example http://www.bbc.co.uk) and in this tab you write new address (for example http://www.kusc.org), I would like BBC to stay pinned (and locked) and KUSC to be opened in a new tab. Kind of the way it is in Firefox 4; because when you pin a web page, you want it to stay there!

Secondly, I don't know if this is a bug, but when I'm downloading a file the time estimation (remaining time before the file is completely downloaded) doesn't work. Instead it just says NaN.

[li]Thirdly, I'd love to have an option to change position of the bookmark panel; especially to the vertical position, so that I can make a better use of my widescreen monitor.
That's it, apart from these few things I'm 100 % satisfied with Iron and it's development. Also, special thanks for the .deb package 8-)

Anyone else's ideas are welcomed.
"Life being what it is, one dreams of revenge." Paul Gauguin
serr

Re: Modifications and features I'd like 2 see in future rele

Post by serr »

I agree with the above... also please consider a "disable/enable meta refresh" option. For some websites it's preferable to reload the page manually. It's very annoying to be reading reader comments on yahoo news and be on the 5th page when the page refreshes and takes you back to page one. It also happens to certain online games and it starts the game all over.

If there is an extension that does this please comment.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I've made Iron my second browser, not my default. The reason is the way it handles email. I use multiple ID's with the same email server. With Firefox, and with I.E., when I go to log in, it automatically lists my various ID's and I just click the one I want.
With Iron, it goes to the last ID I used, and to use a different ID, I have to backspace each character of the ID that's listed, and THEN it will give me the option of choosing another. It's time consuming, and irritating. Unless someone has a cure for this, I'll keep I.E. as my default browser.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

^ Iron ( and Chromium and Chrome ) USED to do that with multiple logins. For some stupid reason the DEVS at Google decided it was not a good thing, and took the 'click to select' multiple logons out. I forget the last Iron release that had that feature, but it was before the 8's and 9's.
dbeast420

Post by dbeast420 »

serr wrote:I agree with the above... also please consider a "disable/enable meta refresh" option. For some websites it's preferable to reload the page manually. It's very annoying to be reading reader comments on yahoo news and be on the 5th page when the page refreshes and takes you back to page one. It also happens to certain online games and it starts the game all over.

If there is an extension that does this please comment.
I'm in agreement with this one also,especially the concern about the page refreshing in games that restarts everything.