New Iron-Version: 68.0.3550.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Bobby1912

Re: New Iron-Version: 68.0.3550.0 Stable for Windows

Post by Bobby1912 »

I'm asking myself too if Iron is going to be close or what else because Mac and Linux latest release is still version 66. There is only a release by version for Windows since at least a year or two. :(
andifor

Post by andifor »

williewortel wrote:Stable Chromium versions can be found here: https://chromium.woolyss.com/?stb=1
I'm willing to take the plunge and change to Chromium. As both, Iron and Chromium have the same base, do you know, if the settings are automatically taken over or if I can do this somehow manually? I'd hate to reconfigure the browser again :o)
Bobby1912

Post by Bobby1912 »

andifor wrote:
williewortel wrote:Stable Chromium versions can be found here: https://chromium.woolyss.com/?stb=1
I'm willing to take the plunge and change to Chromium. As both, Iron and Chromium have the same base, do you know, if the settings are automatically taken over or if I can do this somehow manually? I'd hate to reconfigure the browser again :o)
Yes, you can install Chromium with the same settings. In my case, I simply copied the profile folder in the Chromium folder and it works as actually i'm writing this message in the portable version of Chromium v69 64-bit.

To be safe, don't move the original profile folder, just copy it to be sure that Chromium works.
andifor

Post by andifor »

Bobby1912 wrote:
andifor wrote:
Yes, you can install Chromium with the same settings. In my case, I simply copied the profile folder in the Chromium folder and it works as actually i'm writing this message in the portable version of Chromium v69 64-bit.

To be safe, don't move the original profile folder, just copy it to be sure that Chromium works.
Thanks! Being on macOS, the folder thingy might not apply to me. I guess, I asked in the wrong thread ;o)

I did some test in a VM, looks good so far. Chromium replaces Iron nicely even the LittleSnitch rules seem to apply...
Vazet

Post by Vazet »

PLEASE! Don't use the new design of chrome 69 for the next Iron versions! Keep the "folder style tabs"! The new ones kill the Chromium's originality and it's less easy to distinguish active tab and the other tabs separations.
Schattenscherbe

Post by Schattenscherbe »

Aloha,

wanted to inquire whether there will be a new version soon or whether the further development has been discontinued.
I get with the current version on some pages warnings on outdated browser and some of the login is therefore no longer synonymous ... would be great if there is information if there is still something or you have to look for an alternative, which would be a pity. ..
Spanish Guy

Post by Spanish Guy »

@SRWare

Goodnight,

I sent him a private message, but he has not read it.

I request the elimination of my account as well as the data related to it, in a perpetual way.

Thank you very much.

A greeting.