New Iron-Version: 9.0.600.2 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Mele20

Re: New Iron-Version: 9.0.600.2 Stable for Windows

Post by Mele20 »

If one cannot post at Google with privacy then I won't do it. I hate Gmail. I will not communicate with anyone using it and because many have regular email addresses routed later to their google address, I rarely use email any more. Google ruined email IMO. I don't post in Google forums because it cannot be done and keep your privacy. (I don't even use Google search. I use Scroogle instead).

Maybe someone who can reinsert proper cookie control into a Chromium like browser will do so. Iron is not the only privacy oriented Chromium browser out there.

Luckily, I like Opera and I don't think Opera devs would ever remove the Ask Me setting. I don't think Mozilla will remove that either. Even IE has the Ask Me setting. It is only Google with their greed that has removed it.
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

It's ok, Mele20. It's just a account i made to be able to post there. All i had to do was enable cookies to make it, and i didn't have to give my email address. But it's ok. I am done with this, as i have been ganged up on and harassed for my efforts. I totally agree with you and i also use scroogle. I won't have anything to do with chrome or google.

I had trouble with opera rendering pages correctly, they looked messed up. So I'm using iron 7 with cookie prompt.
chrome_slinky

Print problems, among others

Post by chrome_slinky »

Installing revision level 9 brings back the 12 favorites on the new tab screen, but not quite. The lowest 4 favorites are without the title underneath. I am appreciative, so don't get me wrong, I'll live with it, but as a one-time programmer, I did not like for easily fixed problems to stand.

Also, something I have just noticed - I have never tried to print using Iron at all before, so pardon me if this is something done for security and I am not aware - there is no way to print from ANY page. I get a rather stupid sounding message that says the page is stating that there is no printer. In fact, there is, and it works fine with Internet Explorer, Opera, and Comodo Dragon 8 (so I assume that Chrome 8 will also allow printing)

Is this a Chromium screw-up, or an Iron screw-up?

Or is there a setting I am unaware of.
chrome_slinky

Re: Print problems, among others

Post by chrome_slinky »

chrome_slinky wrote:Installing revision level 9 brings back the 12 favorites on the new tab screen, but not quite. The lowest 4 favorites are without the title underneath. I am appreciative, so don't get me wrong, I'll live with it, but as a one-time programmer, I did not like for easily fixed problems to stand.

Also, something I have just noticed - I have never tried to print using Iron at all before, so pardon me if this is something done for security and I am not aware - there is no way to print from ANY page. I get a rather stupid sounding message that says the page is stating that there is no printer. In fact, there is, and it works fine with Internet Explorer, Opera, and Comodo Dragon 8 (so I assume that Chrome 8 will also allow printing)

Is this a Chromium screw-up, or an Iron screw-up?

Or is there a setting I am unaware of.
This is not nearly what I wrote - either your translation software sucks, or the person doing the translation is not very good at the job - but then, why does my comment in English not come back to me as I wrote it, since I am also reading it in the English speakers forum?

I am still wondering why Iron 7 and 9 will not allow printing...
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

I am using the latest Iron stable 9.0.600.2 version, and the Print command(s) from the Tool, and from a right click in a page work fine. It's been a long time since I've used the 7.x version(s), but my recollection is that I could print from it as well. Also the 8.x version. In fact, I just printed three pages from Iron a few minutes back, 2 from one site, and 1 from another.
What do you use as a firewall, or other 'security' protection. Could it be blocking Iron from the printer?
chrome_slinky

Post by chrome_slinky »

Thanks, for the reply, and it's good to know that it works for someone. Perhaps it's that I am using Windows 7 x64, but I otherwise would not think that a firewall had anything to do with it, as the printer is local, not across a network, or the internet. Besides, Opera and Internet Exploder have no problems with the printer.
REVerdi

"Report an Issue..." is not translated

Post by REVerdi »

A minimal issue: "Report an Issue..." is not translated to pt-BR.
deVars

Post by deVars »

I'm trying to do the sync in this new Iron and for some reasons, after you click on sign in, it authenticates you, but then stops there. The Iron Options window would also change its status from authenticating to "Account sign-in details are not yet entered."

It's taking loads of time to sign-in, which I don't think should take that long.
skutt

Post by skutt »

Chronium Autofill Option no work now :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Chronium Autofill Option was allways a problem in SRWare, i use this all day :roll: :roll: :roll:
Now is verry bad...
How can downgrade from old version because this version iam verry verry confused...
I want to downgrade and i want to no lose all history and all setings... TY

Please fix Autofill Option or dellete Ty verry much....
skutt

Re: New Iron-Version: 9.0.600.0 Stable for Windows

Post by skutt »

DaveIron wrote:Looks good. ;)
The Chronium AutoFill dont work..., or work verry bad.... how can fix that :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Can make downgrade on onld verions and to no lose all my setings? :cry: :cry: :cry:
the chronium autofill was allways a problem on this browser... ty verry much