Pepix3

Re: New Iron-Version: 9.0.600.2 Stable for Windows

Post by Pepix3 »

SRWare wrote:UPDATE
18.02.2011 - Update to 9.0.600.2
Changed Thumbnails on "NewTab-Page" from 8 to 12
great job, thanks!! :ironvsff

I am happily leaving version 7

I notice one small thing missign - there were links to Downloads, History and Extensions I believe in the right bottom corner of the new tab.
but that is only a minor issue.
REVerdi

IronPortable 9.0.600.2 leaves data

Post by REVerdi »

Request:
Remove the folder "Default" from file "IronPortable.zip", to prevent the loss of profile.
If the user does not have this folder, it will be created automatically.
When I was updating Iron to version 9, I forgot that detail and I lost my profile. It was my mistake, but you can help.

Bugs?
Besides the problem has been reported in http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... t=50#p7989, Iron Portable is creating the folder %USERPROFILE%\Local settings\Application Data\Chromium\. I think a portable application should not create anything out of your folder, right?
Moreover, when the Portable Chrome is set as default browser, when it is started by Windows (by clicking a link in an html file, etc.), it isn't running with the default profile folder that sits in Profile\Default.
aqua

Post by aqua »

ok,i haven't use iron in long time and i heard there are good reviews about it.
now my question is about the bookmarls toolbar..i use to do this trick to have bookmarks bar bext to the wrench
http://www.chromeplugins.org/google/chr ... -9370.html

this not longer works,i'd like to do the same..the bookmarks bar next to the wrench
so whatneeds to be done?
thanks in advance guys.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

aqua wrote:ok,i haven't use iron in long time and i heard there are good reviews about it.
now my question is about the bookmarls toolbar..i use to do this trick to have bookmarks bar bext to the wrench
http://www.chromeplugins.org/google/chr ... -9370.html

this not longer works,i'd like to do the same..the bookmarks bar next to the wrench
so whatneeds to be done?
thanks in advance guys.
According to this page, the --bookmarks-menu switch is missing, and I can't find it in a search of sites that list the switches, except a page using it as an example.
h[url]ttp://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/[/url]
Here is another thread regarding this topic.
http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2224

EDIT: The other thing I have seen, is that a lot of the switches only work with some of the developer versions. I don't know if this is the case for the Chrome versions that this last Iron was built from.
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

Any news on the cookie prompt being returned? I have ditched Opera, didn't like it, and you probably know which browser I'm logged in with anyway... :lol: Another member, Oaken has also requested the prompt.
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

jazluvr wrote:Any news on the cookie prompt being returned? I have ditched Opera, didn't like it, and you probably know which browser I'm logged in with anyway... :lol: Another member, Oaken has also requested the prompt.
No. Try going to http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/C ... a&start=40

scroll down, go to page 2, read the latest posts and post a supporting reply - In short - bug the people who can make it happen

SRWare's expertise as far as I can make out is just to remove the crap google wants, not to re-invent code google has had taken out.
Scream81

Post by Scream81 »

thanks for the 12 thumbs. A lot better, lighter and easier then SpeedDial!
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

w33d3r wrote:
jazluvr wrote:Any news on the cookie prompt being returned? I have ditched Opera, didn't like it, and you probably know which browser I'm logged in with anyway... :lol: Another member, Oaken has also requested the prompt.

scroll down, go to page 2, read the latest posts and post a supporting reply - In short - bug the people who can make it happen

SRWare's expertise as far as I can make out is just to remove the crap google wants, not to re-invent code google has had taken out.
Thanks much W33dr! I will go submit my request there. I appreciate your input and direction on the matter! Saves me from bugging Iron people if they can't do anything about it. SRWare people could have told me this much.
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

jazluvr wrote:
w33d3r wrote:

Thanks much W33dr! I will go submit my request there. I appreciate your input and direction on the matter! Saves me from bugging Iron people if they can't do anything about it. SRWare people could have told me this much.

Well, i did it. I can't edit my above post or i would have, i don't like double posting. So this is what i had to do there. I had to create an account to post there, and i did NOT want to give chrome or google my email address, so i saw that i could create a gmail account, and NOT have to provide any email address at all. I was hoping that account would allow me to post, and it did!
I made up a 1st and last name, resulting in (joeblow@gmail.com), not my real account there, but you get the point. And a psswaord, and a sucurity question, and i was all set to post. I had to allow cookies, but i set the expire date to "when i close my browser. :mrgreen:

There are many people that want this feature back and i urge all of you good people here to do the same if you like the feature that makes iron version 7.0.520.1 so great. But i want to use the latest version, so we have to get together and post over there and bug them! They do listen to their userbase, as does Iron, but as W33dr pointed out, Iron needs to do their work based off the chrome hard code.

I can't even begin to tell you how great this option is, and how easy it makes my browsing life. I belong to a huge website, and it depends heavily on an intrusive ad system that has given people fits over there that use IE8...lol. I dumped it because of that site for chrome, then learned about iron. So, please...go do what i have done and let's get that option back. I implore you...i beg you...I'm on my knees pleading with you all...lol.
Sincerely and respectfully,
the jazmiester :ironvsff :ironvsopera :ironvssafari