New Iron-Version: 9.0.600.2 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

w33d3r

Re: New Iron-Version: 9.0.600.1 Stable for Windows

Post by w33d3r »

polo1 wrote:Concerning cookies, i block all of them and use the white list by using the icon when usefull.
Any problem whith that way of doing ?
Yeah the really persistant ones which last until doomsday :lol:

One solution; Grab the old version of 7.0.520.1 http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2140

Install, use it with Ask Me option. Now visit all your bookmarks and Allow exceptions prompted with ask me for the sites required (but using the drop down option "Until I close my Browser") - Sites like megaupload which will set a ridiculous date for expiry and force you to use such cookies.

Once you have a bunch of exception rules with cookies only setting until the browser closes for the persistant ones ... Install the latest Iron and block all. Now you have an exception for the site, having all blocked will no longer be a problem for the sites you need to allow, and those sites cookies under the new rules which would remain forever will be killed when you close Iron.
polo1

Post by polo1 »

That's why i do .... without "ask me question"
(of course, I kill them when I close Iron)

I really don't understand the need of a prompt ...
Not really usefull cause you have a red cross in the cookie's icon...
Mele20

Post by Mele20 »

The reason for needing the Cookie prompt is because not all of us close our browser every day. I don't close Opera for sometimes 30 days or longer. I NEVER shut down my computer. I am on 24/7 365 days a year shutting down only when on vacation or in order to open the tower to clean out dust, add hardware, etc. I also avoid rebooting like the plague and do so only when necessary for installations that require it or finally when RAM starts getting corrupted and strange things begin to happen which is generally around 1 month without a reboot. So, cookies that would be deleted upon closing of the browser are there for 30 days or more! Google, Safari and SRWare apparently think everyone shuts down their computer at least daily. I don't know anyone with a desktop on cable broadband that ever shuts down their computer or browsers except for the reasons I mentioned above. Being on 24/7 is a major reason for paying for cable broadband. So, I require proper cookie control which means ask me. Plus, I want to examine new cookies offered. I may accept SOME cookies at a given website but reject others after examining each cookie. I need that kind of fine control.

Interesting side note, IE 9 according to Steve Gibson, is a "catastrophe of third party cookie leakage".
taf

IronPortable 9.0.600.1 leaves key in registry

Post by taf »

Hi everyone,
first of all, many thanks for Your great job!
Your Ironportable is working like a charm now!
btw, why your portable version is leaving some data in windows registry?
To have a 100% portable version, is it possible to remove this key at the exit of the program?
In fact when I run IronPortable, and then i close it, in my registry I find this key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Chromium]
"lastrun"="12942245288442283"

it's not a big issue, but removing this at program exit would be perfect!

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.
ByE bYe By TaF® ......WinPenPack is GROWING UP!
alx_max

Post by alx_max »

Has anyone checked iron.dll 9.0.600.1 for the 12 tabs? It seems like it already contains many of the proposed modifications, but Iron still does not display them!
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

alx_max wrote:Has anyone checked iron.dll 9.0.600.1 for the 12 tabs? It seems like it already contains many of the proposed modifications, but Iron still does not display them!
Not here, I would be more interested if that other google trick of gathering user history could be disabled completely and just give us a secure privacy respecting homepage on a new tab. But I guesse its a good reminder to clear everything in my browser history once in a while :), except it now includes apps consistently :(
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

@taf...I use the windows disk cleanup a few times a day, along with CCleaner, it's an awesome little program that cleans out everything from your browser(s), even flash cookies. They probably configured it to work with iron by now, but when i 1st got Iron, i had to ask the guys on their forum, (periform) and they gave me an .ini file to put into ccleaner's folder.

I'm surprised the size of the cache even iron gets when I'm using mvp hosts file and updated fanboys adblock list!

alx_max, i don't use the 12 or 8 or whatever tab feature in the browsers, so can't help ya with that.

@W33dr, doesn't the "ask me" cookie function apply to new tab?
ZemucS

Post by ZemucS »

How to turn off SRWare Iron "referrer"?
Для меня нет идеального браузера, мне всегда что-то мешает!
taf

Post by taf »

jazluvr wrote:@taf...I use the windows disk cleanup a few times a day, along with CCleaner, it's an awesome little program that cleans out everything from your browser(s), even flash cookies. They probably configured it to work with iron by now, but when i 1st got Iron, i had to ask the guys on their forum, (periform) and they gave me an .ini file to put into ccleaner's folder.

I'm surprised the size of the cache even iron gets when I'm using mvp hosts file and updated fanboys adblock list!
Hi Jazluvr,
About your "cleaning procedure":
I agree with you about cache size is growing up very quickly and I also use Piriform apps to clean my system from these bloating infos.

I understand what You are explaining, but my request was not focused on this direction.
I was concerning about a KEY left by IronPortable inside windows registry.
I know, It is quite simple to do a "workaround" to eliminate this key, but my suggestion was referred to the possibility of a "built-in" feature inside Ironportable launcher. We have done something similar on our launcher, but I was wondering to have a 100% native IronPortable from this site.
Our alternative to IronPortabe is in compliance with my request. wPP team (where I collaborate as tester and translator) has developed a "X" version of Iron (called X-Iron)
using our launcher, at the exit of the program we also clean the registry key. Moreover we put some parameters, executed at program startup, in our ini file to disable safe browsing and redirect cache in a temp folder.
If You all want to have a look on it....
http://www.winpenpack.com/en/download.php?view.1264

Anyway many thanks for Your feedback. I really appreciate this project. Now IronPortable/X-Iron is my default browser "on the go".
ByE bYe By TaF® ......WinPenPack is GROWING UP!
alx_max

Post by alx_max »

Always related to the new tab subject, I have tested the Speed Dial extension for Chrome on Iron 9.0.600.1 and I have noticed some problems. The speed dial rectangles are displayed correctly, but there was no way I could set Speed Dial to display any thumbnail. I have also tried to set the Dial Image URL manually for each dial, but it didn't work. Has anyone encountered such problem? I have also tested the extension on Chrome 9.0.597.98 and the extension worked with Chrome. I have attached 2 screenshots: one with Iron and Speed Dial (it has some Iron related tabs) and one with Chrome and Speed Dial.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.