Adobe Flash Player

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Oaken

Re: Adobe Flash Player

Post by Oaken »

After much ado, uninstalling and re-installing the various versions of flash, I now have flash video playing via the two original installs of Flash.

Go figure :?
zellinra

Post by zellinra »

Adobe flash player is no longer supported on windows 98. Is there an alternative that I can download? I just reinstalled windows 98 on an old machine and when I try to install adobe flash player Im told it is no longer supported. When I try to view certain things it tells me to install the flash and java to view them. How do I view them? Is there an alternative to the adobe flash player that works on windows 98?
JustMe

Post by JustMe »

The LASTEST version of Flash Player is not available for Windows 98.

You need to download the Flash Player 9, get it here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.h ... d_versions

Please read this:
Disable auto-update notifications on older computers

Adobe recommends that you keep auto-update notifications enabled so that you receive the latest features and security updates as they are deployed. However, if your system does not support the latest version of Flash Player, you can stop receiving reminders about updates.

To disable auto-update notifications and continue to use Flash Player 9, do the following:

Open the Flash Player Settings Manager in a new tab, or browser window.
Select Global Notifications Settings panel from the Settings Manager menu on the left side of the window.
When the Global Notifications Settings panel displays, deselect Notify Me When An Update To Adobe Flash Player Is Available.
oloradocay

Post by oloradocay »

I was able to get this working again by going to about:plugins, clicking disable and then running downloading the update. Until I had disabled the plug-in, Adobe would prevent me from downloading with the message that I already had Flash Player installed. YMMV.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

When I download Flash with Iron, I use this link. It doesn't 'recognize' the Chrome attribute that somehow stays in the Iron versions of chromium.
The 'other versions' means other than Chrome to me.
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
mtiron

Post by mtiron »

Oaken wrote:Please, dear Lord would someone provide some definitive information as to how to get flash content working on websites..

AMEN :twisted:
Despite the dear Lord wants me to love my enemies, i still continue to hate Adobe... :)) This was the shittest piece of software i ever had on my HD,
extremely fat and paralysing the OS just for the only purpose to show videos, and with the nerve-straining behaviour called "update-paranoia"...

My solutions for the two browsers i use:
(1) Iron: I use the outdated version 8.0.555.1
(2) Firefox: I use the Add-On FlashVodeoReplacer

HTH