New Iron-Version: 8.0.555.1 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Mele20

Re: New Iron-Version: 8.0.555.0 Stable for Windows

Post by Mele20 »

If there is no ask for cookies and no way to enable that then I don't want Iron.

I am NOT interested in a Clear ALL data option as a solution either.

I need to be able to allow a FEW PERMANENT first party cookies and then block all other cookies (first party permanent and session and all third party). Opera, fx and even IE do this. Why not Iron? It seems obvious that Google is bent on destroying any privacy.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

Mele20 wrote:If there is no ask for cookies and no way to enable that then I don't want Iron.

I need to be able to allow a FEW PERMANENT first party cookies and then block all other cookies (first party permanent and session and all third party). Opera, fx and even IE do this. Why not Iron? It seems obvious that Google is bent on destroying any privacy.
It's been said in these forums several times since the removal of 'ASK ME' option was removed that there is a way to 'whitelist' only those you want.
1- BLOCK ALL COOKIES, INCLUDING THIRD PARTY COOKIES.
2- When going to web sites there is an ICON with a X in it in the right side of the URL indicating that cookies are blocked for that site.
3- CLICK ON IT, and you will have to option of adding that site to cookies you want to accept.

I don't user Safari, or Opera, and IE ONLY for System updates, but as a tester of Firefox, I can tell you that option is probably going to disappear in it too!
It already has some quirky things going on in the 4.0x versions that I am not happy with, and the 3.6x versions will probably be my last Firefox version.

TRY THE 'WHITE LIST' thing!! See if it works as well for you as it does for me.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

Mele20 wrote:If there is no ask for cookies and no way to enable that then I don't want Iron.

The other thing you could do is look for a good cookie manager, as an extension to Iron (chrome), or one that works independently of a browser.
Here is a search page for Chrome extensions that may get you started.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/se ... ie+manager
Edit This Cookie might be a good on to check out. I don't know, I don't use it.
michaelnachname

Post by michaelnachname »

The easiest way to get rid of the error, saying that d3dx9_43.dll is missing is just to download the DLL and place it into the directory Program Files\SRWare Iron.

You can download the file from: http://www.dll-files.com/pop.php?dll=d3dx9_43
yumisaiki

Post by yumisaiki »

Hi! I am deep fan your Iron.
Today I want inform new version bag.

This is my blogger's page.
http://yumisaiki.blogspot.com/2010/12/jquery.html
I use http://disqus.com for bloggers comment system.

Your new version can't show comment form. Why?

Please check it!

Anyway I am OK to use old version of Iron.
CraigJon

Post by CraigJon »

javi wrote:
ihollins wrote:
Hello SRWare Iron 8 that has just been released seems to have this error coming up every so often when running on Windows XP Pro SP3:

iron.exe - Unable to Locate Component

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_43.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Didn't have this problem in earlier versions of Iron.

http://www.computerbase.de/downloads/system/directx/
Einfach das 0,3MB Packet laden und installieren.
I have the same problem, to download and reinstall the DirectX runtime is not a solution, the d3dx9_43.dll is a debug library, it is not included in the DirectX distribution runtime, and to install the DirectX SDK to solve this problem is like to use a canon to kill a fly.
It seems that is libGLESv2.dll who is trying to load the d3dx9_43.dll. Was GLES2 released in debug?
hi,

You can go to this site "fix-all-dll-errors.com"
http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/d3dx9_43.dll/

as I registered few dll's from this site as it is free...worked in my case :)
bugman

Post by bugman »

For me 8.0.555.0 hangs whenever I try to save a file or link.
I'm using portable version on XP SP3
ironfan

Post by ironfan »

On my XP SP3 this portable version works beautiful and faster than everything else due to fanboy's adblock.ini.
There is no problem at all.
So problems only show misconfigurations.
2pips

Post by 2pips »

On my WinXP SP3 Iron portable v6.0.475.1 is faster, than v7.0.520.1, wich is faster, than v8.0.555.0 (all according to PeaceKeeper tests).
Could you provide or tell me links for downloading these previous versions? I can't find it. It will be useful for many users, who recognized that these versions differ considerably. Thanks.
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

2pips wrote:On my WinXP SP3 Iron portable v6.0.475.1 is faster, than v7.0.520.1, wich is faster, than v8.0.555.0 (all according to PeaceKeeper tests).
Could you provide or tell me links for downloading these previous versions? I can't find it. It will be useful for many users, who recognized that these versions differ considerably. Thanks.
Scroll down the list of comments and you'll see my post providing the link to it. Look before you ask...lol. No sarcasm meant. The answer was there before you posted the question.