New Iron-Version: 7.0.520.1 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

skuffer

Re: New Iron-Version: 7.0.520.0 Stable for Windows

Post by skuffer »

Copied over my older version install file. Looked around the site and don't see any archives. Is there a link someone can share?

ad47uk wrote:Gone back to older version because of the lack of being able to control cookies, I prefer the ask if I want to set cookies option. i really hope that option comes back, other wise I may have to go back to Firefox.
LumpyHTF

What's up with --enable-user-scripts Option?

Post by LumpyHTF »

Userscripts are not active!
Is the --enable-user-scripts option lost in this Version?

Code: Select all

~$ strings iron.exe | grep user-
user-agent
user-data-dir
user-scripts-dir
inactive-user-toast
~$
sharpcroft

Post by sharpcroft »

i give up, this is what i have for a shortcut "C:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron\iron.exe" --enable-webgl and i still get the error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

ok i really dont get it, with Iron latest version, fish tank in normal/openGL never exceed 1fps. with IE9 i got 30fps with 1000 fishes
then psychedelic browsing , my score is something like 136 with no sound. in IE9 its 1789, hallucigenic is 620
firefox is so worse its not even worse the result
dualcore 1.5ghz with 9700M GT and 4Gb ram
something really doesnt work there, maybe its still on the chrome side so i understand iron can't do anything about it

another thing is flash, when i play a game like mafia wars where there is alot of flash buttons ect.. the browser because really slow and i prefer to switch to Firefox-IE9
mapx

Post by mapx »

sharpcroft wrote:i give up, this is what i have for a shortcut "C:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron\iron.exe" --enable-webgl and i still get the error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. to activate gpu accelerating, u must put --enable-accelerated-compositing
you can see in task manager (shift - esc) the gpu process

2. for the webgl, the other flag (--enable-webgl). I found that the most pc's have the drivers installed, but there are anothers which havent the drivers.

If you have a reasonably recent ATI or Nvidia graphics card, you should be fine.

If you have an Intel graphics chipset (common in laptops) then things are less good. The drivers that Intel provide for their graphics hardware don’t support OpenGL very well, and right now the WebGL support in browsers works through OpenGL (this will change in the future)

see more here: http://learningwebgl.com/blog/?p=11
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

mapx wrote:
Uncle Spellbinder wrote:Hey there! I'm still over there. Still use FF. But I REALLY like Iron. In any event, I've tried that, but the dropdown only offers Internet Explorer and Google Toolbar. No Firefox to be found.

:|
uncle ... you did not see my second indication, try that ... xmarks is a plugin you can install for chrome /iron and for firefox

2. another way is to install xmarks for firefox and for chrome (iron); (create your xmarks profile); that way you can mantain the same bookmarks, passwords and so on, for your browsers.
XMarks did the trick! Thanks a lot! Handy addon.
redrocket

Post by redrocket »

Are any of you having issues displaying video from an HTML5 tag? I can't view any video wrapped in that tag....
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

Uncle Spellbinder wrote:Hey there! I'm still over there. Still use FF. But I REALLY like Iron. In any event, I've tried that, but the dropdown only offers Internet Explorer and Google Toolbar. No Firefox to be found. :|
Hmm.. Firefox is the first selection in that Import panel for me. I have to click the drop down to see the other two.(scratches head)
But I'm glad to see you got things sorted out. Too bad you had to install an extensions to do it.

On a side note:
Yeah, I'm liking Iron more and more, and considering making it my default browser over FF, especially seeing what is coming in the 4.0.x versions. There are a few things still lacking in Iron, but for the most part, it works very well, and is very, very fast.
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

ironuser wrote:
Uncle Spellbinder wrote:Hey there! I'm still over there. Still use FF. But I REALLY like Iron. In any event, I've tried that, but the dropdown only offers Internet Explorer and Google Toolbar. No Firefox to be found. :|
Hmm.. Firefox is the first selection in that Import panel for me. I have to click the drop down to see the other two.(scratches head)
But I'm glad to see you got things sorted out. Too bad you had to install an extensions to do it.

On a side note:
Yeah, I'm liking Iron more and more, and considering making it my default browser over FF, especially seeing what is coming in the 4.0.x versions. There are a few things still lacking in Iron, but for the most part, it works very well, and is very, very fast.
I think it's probably because I'm using Firefox 4.0b6. Iron probably just doesn't see it.
slayerr

Post by slayerr »

Hello,
I want how if there is any way to close a tab using double-click like in ChromePlus, really miss this feature in Iron.
Thanks.