New Iron-Version: 7.0.520.1 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

sharpcroft

Re: New Iron-Version: 7.0.520.0 Stable for Windows

Post by sharpcroft »

Im having a problem as well, i keep getting the "This page requires a browser that supports WebGL." message, if i right click the SRWare iron + GPU (beta) and then look at the shortcut i see "C:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron\iron.exe" --enable-webgl is this correct??
if not, what should it say (Windows 7 home premium 64bit edition)

Cheers

Sharpcroft
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

Loving this version on Windows 7 32 bit. Runs like a charm. Very fast.

I've imported my bookmarks from my Firefox profile. Is there a way to import my Firefox passwords to SRWare Iron? I have Password Exporter 1.2.1 installed for Firefox and have exported them. Any way at all to get my passwords migrated?
mapx

Post by mapx »

1.under options / personal stuff you have import data from another browser (passwords too)

2. another way is to install xmarks for firefox and for chrome (iron); (create your xmarks profile); that way you can mantain the same bookmarks, passwords and so on, for your browsers.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

Unclespellbinder, whatcha doing here? Thought you'd be over there in them Mozillazine forums :D
Anyway, click the Tool in the upper right. Go to Options, then the Personal Stuff tab. Down near the bottom is the Import function(labeled Browsing Data; import data from another browser.
There you can pick and choose which of the 4 or 5 things you want brought in. My passwords came in fine from Firefox AFTER I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHICH PROFILE IT WENT LOOKING FOR THEM IN!!
Hope this helps.
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

Hey there! I'm still over there. Still use FF. But I REALLY like Iron. In any event, I've tried that, but the dropdown only offers Internet Explorer and Google Toolbar. No Firefox to be found.

:|
sharpcroft

Post by sharpcroft »

Could someone please post exactly what is listed under the shortcut to get GPU support working, i've tried the suggested and posted my shortcut in an earlier post but i still get the error message (windows 7 home premium).
Another thing i have noticed is that since i have installed this new version the website http://www.tvcatchup.com/ stutters terribly, bbc iplayer and skyplayer are both fine, its just that site, anybody else having the same problem.

Thanks

by the way, this is my shortcut that does not seem to work "C:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron\iron.exe" --enable-webgl--enable-accelerated-compositing
mapx

Post by mapx »

Uncle Spellbinder wrote:Hey there! I'm still over there. Still use FF. But I REALLY like Iron. In any event, I've tried that, but the dropdown only offers Internet Explorer and Google Toolbar. No Firefox to be found.

:|
uncle ... you did not see my second indication, try that ... xmarks is a plugin you can install for chrome /iron and for firefox

2. another way is to install xmarks for firefox and for chrome (iron); (create your xmarks profile); that way you can mantain the same bookmarks, passwords and so on, for your browsers.
mapx

Post by mapx »

sharpcroft wrote:Could someone please post exactly what is listed under the shortcut to get GPU support working, i've tried the suggested and posted my shortcut in an earlier post but i still get the error message (windows 7 home premium).
Another thing i have noticed is that since i have installed this new version the website http://www.tvcatchup.com/ stutters terribly, bbc iplayer and skyplayer are both fine, its just that site, anybody else having the same problem.

Thanks

by the way, this is my shortcut that does not seem to work "C:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron\iron.exe" --enable-webgl--enable-accelerated-compositing
try it (between the options u must have a ...space):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron\iron.exe" --enable-webgl --enable-accelerated-compositing
skuffer

Post by skuffer »

Am unable to install srware.iron.exe onto Win XP pro machine. Message says Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the file.

However other install programs of other browsers are allowed. I am the administrator. Can you offer any help?
Thank you
Sk
Carl

Post by Carl »

Nice
"7.0.520.0 (63000)"
I'm guessing the number in the parentheses is the chromium revision number iron is based on ? :?:

Btw how is it coming with uploading the source code to a repository like github / code.google.com ?