Iron Forum for english speaking people

aqua

Re: New Iron-Version: 6.0.475 Stable for Windows

Post by aqua »

this version is not yet on front page for download
Pkad

Post by Pkad »

I tested iron 6.0.475 and everything is fine. Thank you, nice work! ;)
negated

Post by negated »

Seems like a great release so far. Great work!

I can report that some flash issues I saw before seemed to have worked themselves out. For instance, with the latest version of flash and Iron 5.0.382 I had trouble accessing the videos on the front page of http://www.boston.com. I could see the content but it didn't respond to my cursor at all. Now it works great.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait for the Linux version. :D

-S
DaveIron

Post by DaveIron »

Has anyone had any problems with their extensions after the 6.0.475 update? I have noticed that occasionally one of them won't work or disappears (it can change which actual extension) until I close & re-open the browser. I have tried a clean install & uninstalling then re-installing certain extensions but it seems sporadic & most of the time is OK. I have 11 extensions but I have since discovered that if I uninstall SiteAdvisor for Chrome by chrome.dev.ext the problem is solved. Site Advisor was never that successful as an extension IMHO anyway & I have WOT. I have seen this behaviour on the latest Chrome release (6.0.472.53) which was also remedied by uninstalling Site Advisor.
Step aside

Post by Step aside »

DaveIron wrote:Has anyone had any problems with their extensions after the 6.0.475 update? I have noticed that occasionally one of them won't work or disappears (it can change which actual extension) until I close & re-open the browser. I have tried a clean install & uninstalling then re-installing certain extensions but it seems sporadic & most of the time is OK. I have 11 extensions but I have since discovered that if I uninstall SiteAdvisor for Chrome by chrome.dev.ext the problem is solved. Site Advisor was never that successful as an extension IMHO anyway & I have WOT. I have seen this behaviour on the latest Chrome release (6.0.472.53) which was also remedied by uninstalling Site Advisor.
Same situation is here ... RightClick Addon and Speed Dial do not work after short time of usage
DaveIron

Post by DaveIron »

Step aside wrote:
DaveIron wrote:Has anyone had any problems with their extensions after the 6.0.475 update? I have noticed that occasionally one of them won't work or disappears (it can change which actual extension) until I close & re-open the browser. I have tried a clean install & uninstalling then re-installing certain extensions but it seems sporadic & most of the time is OK. I have 11 extensions but I have since discovered that if I uninstall SiteAdvisor for Chrome by chrome.dev.ext the problem is solved. Site Advisor was never that successful as an extension IMHO anyway & I have WOT. I have seen this behaviour on the latest Chrome release (6.0.472.53) which was also remedied by uninstalling Site Advisor.
Same situation is here ... RightClick Addon and Speed Dial do not work after short time of usage
Check the new task manager in Tools & see if you have an extension burning too much memory. I think Site Advisor was doing that for me. It was always a bit slow & heavy & didn't work quickly enough anyway. I'm glad to see the back of it.

After uninstalling SA everything seems fine, Chrome has been suffering the same bug.
aqua

Post by aqua »

question about the bookmark button.
in previous version i could add a bookmark button to the toolbar..i use instructions from here
http://www.chromeplugins.org/google/chr ... -9370.html

but now...i can't do it the same way with this version.....is there any other way to add the bookmark button to the toolbar???
thanks...sware iron is great
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Step aside

Post by Step aside »

Looks like some third-party extensions for bookmarks managing ruin(change or something) Iron bookmark datafile, making it inaccessible for build-in manager.
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

Also is there a way to limit the description width of a bookmark (without having to manually edit the description of hundreds of bookmarks)?, in this version of Iron bookmarks have turned into screen spanning monsters.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

CLICK and HOLD the globe, DRAG it to where you want it.
I find a CLICK and HOLD on the little globe to the left of the URL, then DRAGGING it to a folder on the Bookmarks Toolbar, or a folder IN A folder there, or to one in the Other Bookmarks folder works better than clicking a button and having to scroll through a bunch of bookmarks and folders that the button opens up.