Running Iron Portable from flash disk with all extensions on different PC

Iron Forum for english speaking people

selukwe

Running Iron Portable from flash disk with all extensions on different PC

Post by selukwe »

How can I run Iron Portable from a flash disk on a different PC with all my extensions? This used to be possible until quite recently when I realized that all my extensions on a different PC have disappeared. Has some of the new updates changed some settings? Is there some way to keep all my configuration in the Iron folder and use it in full on different PCs?
selukwe

Re: Running Iron Portable from flash disk with all extensions on different PC

Post by selukwe »

In order to better understand my point, this is what happened.

I normally run Iron Portable from my harddisk. To use it at my workplace, I have copied it to my USB flash disk. In my office, on another PC - obviously - it ran OK from the USB drive with all extentions available.

On return back home I updated my Iron Portable folder on my PC with all changed files from my Iron Portable folder on the flash disk. On launch of Iron Portable on my home PC all extensions were gone. Profile folder remains in the same place and was without any manual interference.

What's wrong and what has happened? Some one month ago this style of use of Iron Portable worked OK and I encountered no problems with using extensions this way between my home and office PCs. This does not work anymore.