Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.380 for Windows

Post by curlin »

Awesome work guys!

The back button finally works for me like it should in this release :D
bugman

Post by bugman »

volvox wrote:- "RSS Live Links" Extension chrashes. :(
Shit...please fix it SRWare...necessary addon for me and i think other people also to totally switch :ironvsff

Keep up the good work ;)
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

Is there any news on the content settings problems?

The main attraction of Iron for me is the bias towards preserving privacy, and the most obvious advancement recently has been the content settings, any indication as to when we will see these settings become functional again in both normal and incognito mode like it is in 5.0.326 alpha? Or has it become too complex a problem to resolve?
iMichaeli7

Post by iMichaeli7 »

HTML5 audio - don't support.
i open www.itpod.ru , and iron shows me - Error
bslevy3477

Post by bslevy3477 »

I get a woops error when going to Chase.com and logging in. Not sure what is causing it though. This was not an issue in 4.028.
Udy

Post by Udy »

Iron Crashes

How to reproduce,
1. Connect to a spotty wireless connection
2. Iron will eventually crash trying to load a page

Reproducible? Always.
jerrytouille

Post by jerrytouille »

bslevy3477 wrote:I get a woops error when going to Chase.com and logging in. Not sure what is causing it though. This was not an issue in 4.028.
same problem here
jballi

Post by jballi »

jerrytouille wrote:
bslevy3477 wrote:I get a woops error when going to Chase.com and logging in. Not sure what is causing it though. This was not an issue in 4.028.
same problem here
I've found that v5.0.380 is a lot more unstable than previous versions. No, it's not crashing every 2 minutes. If it were, I would have reverted a long time a go. But and however, it does crash a lot more often. So far all of the crashes have been on sites that I can survive without but if it started happening on one of my important sites (like Chase.com), I would be peeved. The one site that I found where it crashes often is Google Maps but only when you do certain things.

Them be my thoughts...
slogol

Post by slogol »

Hi All,

installed portable version ... Iron starts fine but it does NOT open ANY internet page ... checked Firewall settings (Comodo Firewall 3.x) and Iron is fully enabled as Firefox 3.

Does anyone know a way to troubleshoot why Iron does not connect to any web url?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Gokhan B.

Post by Gokhan B. »

slogol wrote:Hi All,

installed portable version ... Iron starts fine but it does NOT open ANY internet page ... checked Firewall settings (Comodo Firewall 3.x) and Iron is fully enabled as Firefox 3.

Does anyone know a way to troubleshoot why Iron does not connect to any web url?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Hi slogol,

the exe you need set firewall permissions is NOT "ironportable.exe". set permissions for "iron/iron.exe".