how do I remove Bing completely.

Iron Forum for english speaking people

loop

Re: how do I remove Bing completely.

Post by loop »

The fact that SRWare bundles Bing search in every release shows exactly how much you can believe SRWare's claims to be a secure and privacy conscious browser. The plain fact is that this is a blatant lie. SRWare iron is NOT a secure or privacy conscious browser.

While not as bad as Google's Chrome, it is not far removed. SRWare going into partnership with Microsoft is the ultimate in two-faced douche-baggery.

Use SRWare Iron at your own risk. If you are not technically minded, or an advanced user, or just want an easy life, then look elsewhere.
tealc

Post by tealc »

tealc wrote:I do not understand why is so difficult to remove Bing from the search bar of a new page!
I've just installer the version 73.0.3800.1 but there also the Bing search bar.
I think you give some money from Microsoft to do this.
You create Iron for a secure surf on the web but for the search you use Bing from Microsoft!!!
It's non sense!

I'ts some months i'm using Iridium Browser and I think I will use it instead of Iron.
Really sorry!
Good bye Iron!
Welcome Iridium!
Revision: Brave browser is great substitute on Iron browser!
Hokum_52

Post by Hokum_52 »

It's true that now that I've found answers to my questions, the presence of Bing is my main gripe with Iron... The thing is that I intend to sometimes use it for work, with content ranging from salary data to investment procedures around this property in Germany, so I'd rather avoid data leaks.
cannot_remove_bing

Post by cannot_remove_bing »

tealc wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:47 pm I do not understand why is so difficult to remove Bing from the search bar of a new page!
I've just installer the version 73.0.3800.1 but there also the Bing search bar.
I think you give some money from Microsoft to do this.
You create Iron for a secure surf on the web but for the search you use Bing from Microsoft!!!
It's non sense!

I'ts some months i'm using Iridium Browser and I think I will use it instead of Iron.
Really sorry!
Good bye Iron!
Welcome Iridium!
Good idea to change browser. You posted for 3 years ago and still same problem!
ikif

Post by ikif »

So , this search bar is still exist and I don't find how to change it.
My work laptop policy blocked this search.

Description: Suspicious
Group Number: 2
Group Name: Office Users (Port 910)
Ip Address: 10.185.169.55
Username: *10.185.169.55
xtrnd@mail.com

Post by xtrnd@mail.com »

Listen, if I cannot get rid of Bing completely I am simply dumping this Iron browser which I have used for quite awhile. I go to settings, click search engines, choose another search engine and it comes up Bing! Exasperating to order it to do something and it does not obey, the fix is in on this browser. Has SRWare taken microsoft payoff?
xtrnd@mail.com

Post by xtrnd@mail.com »

Yeah Iron cannot allow an easy life, that would be too simple and easy so you have to complicate it by forcing this Bing crap on us. To heck with you and I am dumping this Iron browser if cannot lose Bing.
xtrnd@mail.com

Post by xtrnd@mail.com »

I am using a different lightweight browser than Iron and I am dumping this crap with Bing. Good luck on solving this. Iron was a pretty good browser until they apparently accepted the bribe money.