Page 2 of 3

Re: Issues since updating to 56.0.2950.0

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:16 pm
by Bobby1912
In my case, if I had the command --ignore-certificate-errors, the browser tell me that it's an unsupported command-line.

If I replace the command with --force-fieldtrials, the browser give me the access to Google sites. Strange...

Re: Issues since updating to 56.0.2950.0

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:48 pm
by jeffshead
SRWare wrote:To the ones who have the error:
Have you tried to delete cache etc? Or tried with a clean portable for test?

Yes and yes. Did not help. i also used ccleaner and revo uninstaller pro. Still encountered the same issues with the latest portable version.

Previous version is working fine even after restoring settings from backup of latest version.

Re: Issues since updating to 56.0.2950.0

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:25 pm
by shmuck2
I'm also having same issues on Windows 7 64-bit. Cannot access any google domain without getting ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Sometime you get ERR_QUIC_PROTOCOL_ERROR. I tried disabling QUIC. Same result. Did not have these issues on macOS.

Re: Issues since updating to 56.0.2950.0

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:05 pm
by SRWare

Re: Issues since updating to 56.0.2950.0

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:21 am
by bhoughtal
Having the same problems with Youtube on Win10 64-bit, brand new laptop (1 week old). FF plays Youtube fine. No problem with Google search in Iron.

Re: Issues since updating to 56.0.2950.0

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:17 pm
by SRWare
We have fixed this officially in 56.0.2950.1. 32-Bit is already online (just redownload .exe or zip), 64-Bit will come soon (i think tomorrow)

Re: Issues since updating to 56.0.2950.0

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:42 pm
by jeffshead
SRWare wrote:We have fixed this officially in 56.0.2950.1. 32-Bit is already online (just re-download .exe or zip), 64-Bit will come soon (i think tomorrow)


Thanks!

I see this workaround (http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13907&start=10#p33886)was suggested before the official fix was released.

Please share what was done to fix this in the latest version.

Re: Issues since updating to 56.0.2950.0

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:28 pm
by Mike_Walsh
Any chance of a fix for this in the 32-bit Linux version of 56.0.2950.0?

Exact same problem; no connection to any Google sites, with a warning that 'Hackers may be trying to steal your passwords and/or identity on this site', etc, etc.

64-bit version works fine; there, the problem doesn't seem to exist.

Any ideas? I've tried all the usual stuff; clearing cache, etc, and it doesn't seem to have any effect. :evil:


Mike. ;)

Re: Issues since updating to 56.0.2950.0

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:41 pm
by SRWare
Mike_Walsh wrote:Any chance of a fix for this in the 32-bit Linux version of 56.0.2950.0?

Exact same problem; no connection to any Google sites, with a warning that 'Hackers may be trying to steal your passwords and/or identity on this site', etc, etc.

64-bit version works fine; there, the problem doesn't seem to exist.

Any ideas? I've tried all the usual stuff; clearing cache, etc, and it doesn't seem to have any effect. :evil:


Mike. ;)


will be fixed with the upcoming 57

Re: Issues since updating to 56.0.2950.0

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:14 am
by Mike_Walsh
Jolly good. Thanks for that.

Will look forward to it. Chrome on 64-bit is not giving any trouble; I'm currently 'beta'-testing Chrome 58, and, as previously stated, it behaves itself. So does the 64-bit version of Iron.....it's just the 32-bit version that is misbehaving at the moment!

It's just a wee bit annoying on what is otherwise a very fine browser. I'm beginning to suspect that the guys at the Chromium Project decided to try out a couple of new things in this last release or two. I rather think it's possibly related to this new certificate authority Google are in the process of setting up, since it's set by default to automatically distrust any certificate that isn't signed by their new procedure.


Mike. :lol: