Odd Iron behaviour after opening Safari!

Iron Forum for english speaking people

DaveIron

Odd Iron behaviour after opening Safari!

Post by DaveIron »

I have had Safari on my computer since Safari 3 & it was really useful after the disaster (for me anyway) that was Firefox 3. However after upgrading to Safari 4 I have found it a little problematical & heavy for my laptop so I hardly ever use it. I opened it today for the first time since I have upgraded to Iron 4.

When I opened Iron it seemed to have regressed to a default setting. All of my bookmarks were OK but the 'Home Button' (which I normally have showing) was hidden & the bookmark toolbar was detached from the GUI. It also asked me if I wanted SRWare Iron as my default brower at the top of the screen. :?

I have now put it all back as it was before. I know Safari is also WebKit based & I am wondering if this has anything to do with what happened. It was a bit of a shock :shock: as I have come to rely on SRWare Iron!

Has anyone else had this happen?
DaveIron

Re: Odd Iron behaviour after opening Safari!

Post by DaveIron »

I forgot to mention that I changed my homepage on Safari before. I opened Safari about 5 minutes ago & then closed it & opened Iron. Iron opened normally. This has been an odd behaviour though, probably linked to me changing the homepage on Safari. :?

I'm glad Iron's working normally now though, I'd hate to have to go back to using Safari! :shock:

Or even worse....Firefox... :o

:ironvsff