New Iron-Version: 97.0.4950.0 Stable for macOS

Iron Forum for english speaking people

SRWare
Site Admin

New Iron-Version: 97.0.4950.0 Stable for macOS

Post by SRWare »

We released the new Iron for macOS today, which contains all features and updates known from Chromium 97.

Main improvements:
- M1 Version (BETA)
- Sidebar
- minor improvements
- Bug-/Securityfixes

For sync, please follow the instructions: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=62308

WebRTC can be disabled by our extension: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11893
Our official updater is available here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11751

Download for Apple Devices with ARM / M1 Chip:
https://www.srware.net/downloads/iron-macARM.dmg (Apple M1 - BETA)

Download (macOS 10.11 or greater - Intel):
https://www.srware.net/downloads/iron-mac.dmg (Intel)
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
Menog

Re: New Iron-Version: 97.0.4950.0 Stable for macOS

Post by Menog »

thank you very much to Apple M1 version!!
working very well!
Mexx

Post by Mexx »

Hi again,

thx for the new version although it still doesn't work like the version before (96). After starting it crashes immediatley..... This must be depending on the extensions which I use with the browser (as I posted before in version 96).
So I beg you please to fix this problem....... the same Ironversion (including the same extensions) on WindowsOS works properly.

I cannot image that this could be a problem of the extensions I use.

My used MacOS is Catalina 10.15.7.

Till waiting for this fix I use the Ironversion 93 (with the same extensions there are no problems)

Greets
-Markus
cko

Post by cko »

I cannot image that this could be a problem of the extensions I use.
it crashes for me without extensions too. often i can open pages, but then i get the "oh no" error 5 screen. sometimes reloading the page works for some time, but then it crashes mostly again.
Charliep

Post by Charliep »

My Iron is crashing as well. Deleted all history / cache / stored data. Rebooted computer. Removed extensions. Still crashing. Mac OS 10.14.6

How does a software release something like this and not check your own Forums?
Charliep

Post by Charliep »

Pathetic. Look back at your own Iron-mac 96.0.4900.0 comments. EVERYONE is telling you your software is crashing. I downgraded back to version 93 to wait for your new release. You release a NEW VERSION and your new version is STILL CRASHING. Seriously pathetic. What kind of company does this?

I am dumping Iron and switching to Epic:

www dot epicbrowser dot com
Charliep

Post by Charliep »

Seriously, you started with a very reliable browser, then you added your "Join Iron" thing which I absolutely didn't want to do. Now you FORCE me to have the Web Store App running. Then your software is crone to crashing. You should get back to basics. KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid. If you want to add functionality MAKE IT OPTIONAL. I prefer your old version where I could log into Google using Iron. Some may like your design, but why KILL your old design and force people to join your software? If a company cannot even read their own Forums and at least respond or fix the crashing there is NO WAY I am going to "Join Iron" and share my data with blubbering dumpkoffs!
altair

Post by altair »

still same thing with 97... crashing every two seconds.
I tried to start fresh, dumped all my extensions, and it looked like will not crash at once, but just opening one more website it crashed again but less hard, way, just didn't load the site stating there is a problem, and cannot display.
Tried to switch back to v93 which was working correctly, and lost all my settings and secrets, I was unable to login to ebay at the end of my Auction and was about to loose, had ti reset password and made it last minute.
Now had to recover from old backup to be able to work again, but seriously, thank you developers for such a good initiative from start, but things going now made me think to dump this browser and look for more reliable tool for daily work.
If I will find suitable one faster, than Iron will be fixed, I will thank you for these years we where together, and wish you good luck.
Mexx

Post by Mexx »

Hello,

how ist the timeplan for a working version 98 for MacOS? and when can this be delivered?

kind regards
-Markus
Mexx

Post by Mexx »

Hi

any comments from the developers on my last post?

kind regards
-Markus