Weird youtube behavior?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

MarkusH

Re: Weird youtube behavior?

Post by MarkusH »

There are still links within YouTube that cause iron to crash.

In this case try the following flags setting in Iron (chrome://flags/):

iron.jpg

For me it helps to prevent the crashes.

Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UncleJoe

Post by UncleJoe »

A good solution MarkusH. Thanks. Works most of the time. Channel subscriptions are kept which is not the case if one blocks cookies.
But when you open a youtube video through a link, Iron still crashes.
UncleJoe

Post by UncleJoe »

That's crazy. Just after I wrote the comment above, after 50 times through the bookmarks with only 1 crash, Iron keeps crashing when I try to start Youtube through the bookbarks within Iron. So alas your solution does not work anymore. Maybe because I once used a crashing link to test...
Back to blocking cookies.
MarkusH

Post by MarkusH »

That's really crazy.
For me, the solution still works. No matter if I call YouTube via the bookmarks or manually.
Can you provide a link that crashes your Iron?

Markus
UncleJoe

Post by UncleJoe »

Markus, I just took a random video from Youtube, copied the URL to the clipboard and created a shortcut on the desktop.... Crash

Then I wanted to test or this happens with all videos.

I tried your solution on 4 PC's (Wndows 8.1 and 3x Windows 10) but stangely enough that didn't work (anymore) when I started the youtube bookmark on any PC. Crash, crash, crash, crash. So I couldn't test a desktop shortcut thinking that was the problem maker.
ans@ddol-las.net

Post by ans@ddol-las.net »

Can't view the attached file? [scratch that, now I can for some reason]

Oddly, Youtube was working yesterday, but not today so I could believe a cookie issue.

here, it crashes Iron instantly regardless of how I access youtube. Even just typing Youtube in the address bar and not actually opening any video
ans@ddol-las.net

Just tried clearing cookies and Youtube then worked, without actually blocking its cookies. So I don't know what cookie is being set, but it's clearly not on every launch of Youtube.
Satamax

Post by Satamax »

I downgraded back to previous version of Iron, and it works flawlessly. Except for the start page never charging.
dumblonde

Post by dumblonde »

The YouTube crash stared for me the moment I upgraded to the new version. It was not happening prior so IMHO it has to be related to the new version.
ans@ddol-las.net

Until today, adding youtube.com to "clear cookies and data when closing window" has worked to keep youtube working. However, today some link or other must have set the problem cookie (if that's what it is) again.

gonna have to manually reset it again I suppose.